HBOS Telephone Interview

Hi all,

After taking the time to carefully complete numerous internship applications to a host of firms and institutions and frankly getting nowhere, I’ve finally managed to get a telephone interview with HBOS (Commercial Leaders Scheme). This would in fact be my very first telephone interview and most probably my last one in terms of getting an internship for this summer. I was told it will be a competency based interview, and after taking a look at the useful information regarding competency on this website, I was wondering if anyone has been through a similar interview either with HBOS or anyone else, and could possibly tell me what to expect so that I’m as fully prepared as possible. Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Hey mate… how r u?? r u stil using this web site?
Im in the same situation as u were one year ago:) i’ve got a telephone interview soon…
I was wondering if u could answer your question now…:slight_smile:

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I had an email from HBOS yesterday saying that they had had to close the programme due to the changes within the business. I am not sure if have received or will receive that email soon.

I had my tel interview back in february and soon after I had an email conforiming that I passed and I would be contacted as soon as the next A/C was planned.

My advice would be perhaps don’t waste your time and efforts as the current situation is a lot worse than it is seen, not just for HBOS but for the majority of the organisations.

Best of luck

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I had an email from HBOS yesterday saying that they had had to close the programme due to the changes within the business. I am not sure if have received or will receive that email soon.

I had my tel interview back in february and soon after I had an email conforiming that I passed and I would be contacted as soon as the next A/C was planned.

My advice would be perhaps don’t waste your time and efforts as the current situation is a lot worse than it is seen, not just for HBOS but for the majority of the organisations.

Best of luck

Hi,

Has anyone had the telephone interview yet? I have it tomorrow. Any help pls??

I just had my telephone interview. They asked:

• Why you want to work for HBOS?
  • What do you know about HBOS?
  • What attracts you to the role and why?
  • Explain a time when you undertook a project and utilised someone elses skills.

This was for Future Leaders - General Management.

Hi everyone…

Do any of you guys have applied for a Summer Future Commercial Reader’s position?

Does anyone know about any additional details regarding the role (which department, responsibilities etc) apart from those mentioned on the HBOS amazed site?

Sorry, im on for the General Management under Future Leaders section. Your best bet is just to phone up the graduate recruiter and ask for more information on the role. They should be happy to help.

I’ve just had mine for the commercial leaders summer placement, and they asked the same questions.

Did you get the opportunity to ask your own questions, I didn’t. They asked me where they had applied, outcomes, then it was over.

Not really, I dont think they know very much since they are only HR. Any real questions about the role etc would have to be asked in the real interview. Were you succesful? Im going to the assessment centre next tuesday in cardiff.

I had my interview today as well… did they told you straight after the interview about the assesment center?

U must of had a good answers… well done!
Frankly I found the interviewer a bit rude… I think we all have been interviewed by Sally the project manager…

Nope, didn’t tell me about the assesment centre. Got told i would hear in 5 days. I was interviewed by a lady called annabell.

Haha, I had annabell too. I thought she was very rude and abrupt! I heard the same day so im sure you’ll hear from them tomorrow.

I am use to dealing with people over a phone through work atm when dealing with finace applications. I dont think its their fault, just that imagine if you had to do the same job over and over, you would want to cut to the chase etc, since there is probably no variety in the work.

I am use to dealing with people over a phone through work atm when dealing with finace applications. I dont think its their fault, just that imagine if you had to do the same job over and over, you would want to cut to the chase etc, since there is probably no variety in the work.

Also, did she give you the result over the phone, or by email?

I was called first and then sent an email.

Hi Hvorajee, how did your assesment centre go, and what did they ask, and what did you have to do?

I got an email today saying ive been successful, and they’ll get back to me with dates and times etc?

Also, did they hold the a/c in the city where you have applied?