Grant Thornton Response Time?

Grant Thornton
Deloitte
Response

Hey Guys
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with communication with Grant Thornton and what constitutes as “soon.” After my initial application I was sent this email:

“Congratulations, you have successfully passed our application review.
Your application has now been put into a pool to be considered for the next stage which is online testing.
We will be in contact with you soon with an update.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for showing an interest in Grant Thornton and our programmes.”

This seemed strange to me because I don’t understand what else needs to be considered if I have passed the application review :s Nevertheless I waited patiently and 10 days later was sent the online test which I completed and passed. I was then sent a similar email:

“Congratulations, you have successfully passed our online tests.
Your application has now been put into a pool to be considered for a first round interview.
We will be in contact with you soon with an update.
In the meantime we would like to thank you for your patience at this busy time, and for your interest in Grant Thornton.”

Once again I’m not sure what else they are considering. That email was sent on the 13th of December and I have received no further correspondence yet. I sent an email to the address stated last week but still no word. I can appreciate that they did write that they are busy but I’m just getting a bit worried. I spoke to a guy at my Deloitte interview who told me he did his first interview in October and hasn’t heard anything so I’m not sure if its everyone or if the two of us have just been extremely unlucky.

I want to call up but I haven’t been able to find a number for Graduate Recruitment of anything like that. I just wondered if anyone else is in the same situation or has been previously. If so any advice on next steps would be appreciated. Also let me know if you think I’m worrying too much (a problem of mine). Any comments, advice etc more than welcome

PS. this is my first thread - slightly excited - loser I know

Hi, I had exactly the same situation. I sent my application out at the end of September and didn’t hear back till end of October to invite me for a test. May I asked where have you applied to?

If you have applied to London then I am afraid they do have got lots of applicants and you will definitely have to wait, they may even ask you if you would like to be transferred to your second choice of location (same as me). I did that and the process was a lot quicker after I have been transferred to a different location. I was allocated to an interview straight away and heard back after 3 days, then allocated assessment centre after a week and heard back after a day.

Hope you will hear from them soon :slight_smile: don’t panic, they haven’t forgotten about you. good luck!

Yes I have applied to London. That must be the case. I don’t particularly want to transfer :frowning:

What was your second choice? Did you get an offer and if so are you relocating for the position? If you don’t mind answering that is. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon. Thanx for responding. Calmed me down a bit

Ah i see…I hope you do not need to wait for too long… :frowning: I decided not to wait and coz i really want to work for Grant Thornton, so I don’t mind where I work. In fact, on the assessment day, everyone i met during the day apart from one had been transferred from London :slight_smile:

It really isnt that bad to transfer to a different office tho. you can try Slough if you still want to be close-ish to London?

I went to the GT career website to have a look for you on what’s happening and where about they have vacancies…here’s what I have found:

"Locations we are progressing candidates for are Bristol, Cambridge, Norwich, Slough and Southampton.

All other locations for this role are not filled however have a significant number of candidates at the latter stages of assessment so we do not recommend applying for them at this time (Belfast, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Leeds, Leicester, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Sheffield)"

Since you have already passed your test, you will be given an interview sooner or later, you just need to wait for a little longer as they are dealing with lots of applicant already at their final stage.

Yes I did get an offer and I have immediately accepted it! I was so happy :slight_smile: I am going to try and relocate, not sure yet. but the maximum time travlling to my office will be just over an hour from london so its not that bad if I dont relocate.

I hope you will hear back from them soon, and if you are willing to be transferred to…lets say slough…do let them know, you application process should be a lot quicker after you have been transferred as they do not have as high amount of applicants.

Best of luck.

Ah i see…I hope you do not need to wait for too long… :frowning: I decided not to wait and coz i really want to work for Grant Thornton, so I don’t mind where I work. In fact, on the assessment day, everyone i met during the day apart from one had been transferred from London :slight_smile:

It really isnt that bad to transfer to a different office tho. you can try Slough if you still want to be close-ish to London?

I went to the GT career website to have a look for you on what’s happening and where about they have vacancies…here’s what I have found:

"Locations we are progressing candidates for are Bristol, Cambridge, Norwich, Slough and Southampton.

All other locations for this role are not filled however have a significant number of candidates at the latter stages of assessment so we do not recommend applying for them at this time (Belfast, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Leeds, Leicester, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Sheffield)"

Since you have already passed your test, you will be given an interview sooner or later, you just need to wait for a little longer as they are dealing with lots of applicant already at their final stage.

Yes I did get an offer and I have immediately accepted it! I was so happy :slight_smile: I am going to try and relocate, not sure yet. but the maximum time travlling to my office will be just over an hour from london so its not that bad if I dont relocate.

I hope you will hear back from them soon, and if you are willing to be transferred to…lets say slough…do let them know, you application process should be a lot quicker after you have been transferred as they do not have as high amount of applicants.

Best of luck.

Thanx alot. I would really love t work for GT too and I would relocate if necessary. You’ve really given me some food for thought and I will deffo think abut it. How would I g about relocat8ing if I wanted to as I’m not sure who to call and they still haven’t returned the email I sent them last week.

I am not sure about who to contact I am afraid…but what you can do is to leave a comment on ‘spilling the beans’ FAQ or the ‘Grant Thornton Graduate Recruitment’ facebook page, there will always be people there to answer your query and your voice will be heard there. They should be able to advise you on who to contact :slight_smile: Hope that helps.

Yes it does.
Thanx again.

Just to update you. I just called up literally 5 minutes ago and spoke to the lady whose email address was in the email she allocated me an interview right there and then. Got to get some practice in now.

oh cool. best of luck! :slight_smile:

I’m very much in the same boat as LA123 (though I now see you have scored an interview - well done!). I completed all the stuff before December, passed online tests etc., then heard nothing for ages. They rang me just before Christmas to tell me they hadn’t forgotten and would be in touch, but over a month later I’m still here…Should I try and get in contact?

What office are you applying for? Try emailing and if that doesn’t work then call the office. I went on the spilling the beans bit on their website as suggested and got a useful number which I called and was immediately allocated an interview over the phone.

London, Risk & Recovery (only other office for this scheme is Edinburgh). Thanks for you advice though, good luck with the interview.

Hey guys,

Can anyone who has any phone number please e-mail it to me (barnaudov@gmail.com) because I am desparate! I applied for the summer internship at GT/audit and I passed the numerical tests around Christmas. I also e-mailed the woman 3 times, but got no reply…

Phonenumbers will be awesome, thanks…

I did my tests on th 13th of Decemeber and even though I called up and had my interview booked as it was done on the phone I still recieved the online booking thing. That was just today. So I think even if I didn’t call them they would have got to me today so it might be worth waiting a little longer.

Nevertheless I called 0207 383 5100 whivh is the london office. I think you should call the office you applied to though.

Thanks LA123! Really helps!

I applied to London, too, so it should not be a problem - is this for a summer internship?

mine was for the graduate scheme. But i met a boy at my Deloitte interview who had had his interview for the summer internship in October and was still waiting for the AC so I think they are well behind.

jee, dats a while… ridiculous!

Hiya, interesting chat. Few answers…

• the email box is always massive so it is deffo better to call. The tel numbers are listed on the website. Click on your location to get the right number, http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/careers/graduate_opportunities/more_about_us/where_you_could_work.aspx?city=London

• the number of grads GT are looking for is increasing as the year goes through hence the delay in doing internship assessments.

• there are more successful people at application and tests than needed at interview hence the emails saying people are being put into pools. Doesnt mean all good candidates get an interview.

Hope that helps explain a few bits, agree - spilling the beans blog site is good to read some of the answers about these kind of questions.

http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/traineeblog/q_and_a

If about your application though call the hr in the local office you applied for.

m