Grant Thornton Graduate Programme 2019

Grant Thornton

As there are a few different old topics, let’s make this one as a most recent one. I’m planning to apply for Grant Thornton, BDO and Mazars, just to have safe options in case I don’t get the offer within Big 4. My grades are not so great, so I have to differentiate.

For GT the application process is:
Online Application Form with motivational questions
Strength Assessment 28 questions, mix of SJT and numerical/verbal reasoning
Online Video Interview with a case study
Assessment Day with group exercise and interview

I’ll regularly update this post so that we have the most important information on top.

Video interview: Case-study was related to a franchise cafe followed with two pages of graphs and tables. The task was to explain data from each source and to select top priorities and explain why would you be interested to work on this project (weird one) and what would you do next.
Questions:
Why this position and GT?
What inspires you about GT?
What is your best learning experience?
What are your expectations?
What would others say about you?
Why would you be unique to the company?
What is your approach for ‘getting things done’?

2-3 questions are in one so not sure of this order, there were more questions (so don’t assume here are 7 full questions) and I’ll update the post when I remember more.

Have you completed the strengths assessment yet?

Just completed the strengths assessment, it was not completed what I expected! It was a mixture of situational judgement style questions - ranking your response to a scenario 1-5. Numerical and verbal reasoning type questions based on short extracts of data which were about 5 pages - these made up around half of the questions. Although the calculations weren’t that difficult it was often difficult to know what the question was asking you as there is a lot of information to sift through!
28 questions in total and it took me abut an hour.

Is this assessment timed?

Hi Kassie, no it isn’t timed. It took me just over an hour do do but you can take as much time as you need.

INTERVIEW COMPLETED: There were 2 sections, one with 10 video questions, and second with case study. You have only 30 seconds to prepare each answer and 1.5min allocated for answer + 20min for case study analysis which I found super tricky.

I wouldn’t spend so much time as maybe you can get penalised…

I’ve also finished with interview. Case-study was related to a franchise cafe followed with two pages of graphs and tables. The task was to explain data from each source and to select top priorities and explain why would you be interested to work on this project (weird one) and what would you do next.
Regarding other part, it was mix of motivational and competency based questions, for example why GT, what inspires you, your learning experiences…

Anyone who has completed the digital interview - what kind of questions came up? Thank you

Why this position and GT?
What inspires you about GT?
What is your best learning experience?
What are your expectations?
What would others say about you?
Why would you be unique to the company?
What is your approach to ‘getting things done’?

2-3 questions are in one so not sure of this order, there were more questions (so don’t assume here are 7 full questions) and I’ll update the post when I remember more.

Thank you so much!!! Good luck with your application

Hi Sophie
In terms of the case study, do you need a calculator? Is it both written work and graphs/tables you need to summarise?

Yes, you do need a calculator. In first question it says to summarise graphs/tables and I did it in my first paragraph. There were 4 sources of data. This was 20 minutes written task.

do you remember any of the specifics regarding the case study in terms of key issues for the cafe?

Just completed the digital interview. My main piece of advice for the case study would be to spread your time evenly between the 3 questions they set you because once I had finished talking about the graphs I barely had any time to answer the final questions and ran out of time.

do you remember the data and what recomendations did you provide, was there something about high stock/inventory costs?

Does anyone know if it is the same questions for the school leaver programme?

yes I think it is!

Hi there! May I know how long does it take for Grant Thornton to make decision on whether you have passed the first online assessment to proceed for video interview?

takes a few days, typically 2