Graduated 08 - apply big 4 09?

Hi guys,
I graduated with a 2.1 in biology from cardiff uni in july 08 - but i think i’ve left it too late to apply for the 08 graduate intake at the big 4 - would they still consider me for the 09 intake (even though i’d just be doing temp work for a year)?

Yep. Of course. They would probably prefer it (older, wider, more life experience, etc). Just make sure you do useful things during the year (relevant work experience, earn money, go travelling) that you can discuss at interview. Don’t spend the year watching Jeremy Kyle and Trisha - or at least, if you do, don’t tell anyone about that at interview. Good luck!

Yeah that’s fine. Most people who start working at the [[big 4]] have already a year or two of ‘life experience’, typically a mixture of travelling and working. Some people even start graduate schemes in their thirties so there’s plenty of room for you to do something else in the meantime.

If you want my advice, I’d say make the most of this year of relative freedom- travel and see the world- you won’t have time once you start working.