Graduate positions

KPMG
National Audit Office

Hi all!
I graduated in July from Durham University with a first in maths (MMath). I’ve started looking for jobs in accountancy, particularly in the Newcastle area. I’ve applied for the National Audit Office and for KPMG (audit). However, many of the accounting firms, seem to have stoppped taking in graduates for this year.
Does anyone know when places tend to start up their graduate positions, and when these jobs would start?

It’s a bit too late to get a job starting this year. You might be able to get something starting in the Spring in 2009.

Most firms have stopped accepting applications, but will start again in Sept/Oct for graduate jobs starting Sept 2009.

Good luck!

The biggest intake is in September, although some firms practice continuous recruitment, and will accept starters in December/January and June. However, you are much too late for this year’s September intake- I would consider having a look at the respective websites and seeing what is available for the next start date.

Places are often filled on a first come, first served basis, so try to get your applications in in a timely fashion.