Graduate outsourcing consulting for Accenture

Accenture

Hi

I am appling to accentures outsourcing graduate scheme and am finding the application questions quite difficult would anyone be able to help me?

Please list the extra-curricular activities that you have been involved in the past 3 yrs. Including activity contribution and achievement

Describe your understanding of what consulting at Accenture entails.

In what way does Accenture use technology to improve its clients improve their business?

Describe what you day to day tasks and activities maybe as an analyst on a project.

All answers have to be within 140 words
Any tips would be great because i really am stuck with where to start

Hey Garf, what other companies are you applying to other than Accenture? My responses to your questions are below…

[QUOTE=garf_786;644]

Please list the extra-curricular activities that you have been involved in the past 3 yrs. Including activity contribution and achievement

Accenture, and consulting companies in general, want to hire interesting and outgoing people with a wide range of skills and experiences. They are looking for people with active interests outside of work/study such as sport, music, charity work, foreign language related skills, travel, etc.

If you have been part of societies at University (or outside Uni) you should write about these and talk about what you have learnt from taking part in such activities. If you have had a position where you have showed leadership (such as captain of the Rugby team/student union) or resposibility (such as treasurer for the University debating team) then thats great and something that you should definitely include details of in your application. Things like this set you apart from other applicants, and are great things you can elaborate on in your interview.

A point of note: do not make up your extra-curricular activities. When it comes to interview you will be asked probing questions, and your interviewer (who has had a lot of experience of talking to graduates) will be able to deduce whether or not you have really taken part in your listed activites.

Describe your understanding of what consulting at Accenture entails.

Accenture will only hire people who understand exactly what they will be doing for work and exactly what they do generally as a firm. To answer this you should research Accenture, finding out about all their activities worldwide. Find out what they do well and what they could improve on. Find out which companies they’ve worked with and on what projects they’ve worked.

If you can, talk to other consultants who are a couple of years ahead of you to find out what a day in the life of a consultant is like. You should also look here - Accenture Interview Questions - WikiJob - for further information on this.

In what way does Accenture use technology to help its clients improve their business?

To answer this you really need to research exactly what means and methods Accenture use to help their clients solve technical issues within their businesses. You might like to research a particular project that Accenture have been involved in and use this as a case study type example to answer this question. Don’t be shy to call HR at Accenture and talk to them about this question - you are welcome to discuss applications with most companies recruiting graduates.

Have a look here - http://www.digitalforum.accenture.com/NR/rdonlyres/3BDA5339-5FF4-421D-8AF6-DCD872BD839B/0/Podcast_Dana_Le.pdf - too. It might be a little more specific.

Describe what you day to day tasks and activities maybe as an analyst on a project.

Again, Accenture are asking you to demonstrate that you understand exactly what you will be doing working for them. They want you to show that you aren’t just applying off-the-cuff, but that you have fully researched the industry, the company and the job. I’m not qualified to answer this question, but I’ll start a thread in the consulting forum putting it out to the community and see what response we get…!

All answers have to be within 140 words
Any tips would be great because i really am stuck with where to start[/QUOTE]

The questions are intended to be tough. Accenture want to sort the wheat from the chaff after all. I recommend that you spend how ever long it takes to create a top application. There is nothing mroe pointless than sending off a lot of second rate applications that will all get rejected. If you really want to get an interview at Accenture, make sure you do. Check and double check all your answers. Make sure grammar, spelling and puncuation are all perfect. Get family members to read you answers. Check with us in the community that your answers are ok. If you put 100% in to this application, you will get an interview… and then you can concentrate on preparing for that!

Good luck!

Ed

Hi

Im trying to apply to as many as possible. Your responses have been sooo helpful thankyou so much.!!!Im applying to Ernst and Young the assurance technician programme? There isnt much on it around this forum but any help you can give me would be brill!!. I will be looking to apply to KPMG aswell hopefully i will get somewhere but for now i have to concentrate on this one so i can get it in before leaving it tooo late. Again thankyou. do u think that if i email you my answers you may be able to help me further?

For the assurance technician role at Ernst & Young:

http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forums/accounting-accountancy-professional-services/174-ernst-young-assurance-technician-uki.html

hi chris thankyou will have a look at that!!! you have a lot of posts on this forum are you working for a top 4 company at the moment?

Hey Garf,

The best thing to do (and the best way to get responses/feedback from a wider range of people) is to post your answers on the forum and ask people what they think of them.

If you don’t want to post your answer itself (understandably) then post the question and your thought process behind answering it, rather than the answer itself and I’ll give you some feedback.

God luck in your applications - I’m looking forward to reading your future posts!

Ed

hi red

im not sure how exciting my post will be but i am doing the research sat here working at my first office job! thanks and ill try and post the ideas up as soon as i can thanks again?

Describe what your day to day tasks and activities might be as an Analyst on a project. Please provide a concise bullet point list of the key activities.(Approx. 140 words - maximum 900 characters including spaces)

can anyone give this answer. Any answer would be highly Appreciated.

Thank You

Hey guys i am applying for internship programmes in accenture for summer 2010. I need help in answering some questions to help me with my application.?

Describe what your day to day tasks and activities might be as an Analyst on a project. Please provide a concise bullet point list of the key activities.(Approx. 140 words - maximum 900 characters including spaces)

i just need an answer or a clue for the abover asked question. If anyone know about this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Your suggestions are extremely helpful!! Thanks!

hi