Got an offer for PwC Assurance. Happy to answer any Questions!

Hi all.

As many have already written, this site was a big help for me to secure a Graduate Offer from PwC for Core Assurance. Even though most posts are somewhat similar, I still found it helpful to read as many posts as I can and so I wish to add on to this and help as many as I can.

Background: I’m am international student, non-accounting background (I did BSc Biochemistry and MSc Immunology. Applied for Public Services at Reading initially but after my Assessment Centre, vacancies were full and so I was asked if I wanted to transfer to Core Assurance (which was better in my opinion).

All questions I got asked were similar to questions others have already posted on here but I’m willing to answer any more specific questions you guys may have. Just ask.

Good Luck to you all!

Hi all.

As many have already written, this site was a big help for me to secure a Graduate Offer from PwC for Core Assurance. Even though most posts are somewhat similar, I still found it helpful to read as many posts as I can and so I wish to add on to this and help as many as I can.

Background: I’m am international student, non-accounting background (I did BSc Biochemistry and MSc Immunology. Applied for Public Services at Reading initially but after my Assessment Centre, vacancies were full and so I was asked if I wanted to transfer to Core Assurance (which was better in my opinion).

All questions I got asked were similar to questions others have already posted on here but I’m willing to answer any more specific questions you guys may have. Just ask.

Good Luck to you all!

Congrats!

I haven’t done the online tests yet. I’m applying for the Technology service line (Data Assurance)

Did you have a telephone interview? A few people have mentioned that they didn’t.

How long did the whole process take?

Thanks and congratulations!

Yes I had a telephone interview a few weeks after I did the online tests. About 6 weeks later I had my assessment centre and then 2 months later my senior interview. My process was a bit longer than most I think because I needed to obtain a visa and so that took a bit of time. I think that usually the whole process should take about 2-3 months.

Hi,

Could you please provide some information about the assessment centre, specifically about the report writing and group discussions and how to prepare for them? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You cannot prepare for either assessment. No background knowledge is needed and you are purely tested on the quality and content of your writing and your verbal contribution as well as your body language respectively.

Information on both sections are available in other threads if you want more information on them. What you do need to know is that for the written section, you need to absorb a lot of information fast and be able to write a well structured 1-2 sided report. For the group discussion, you need to be assertive and contribute, but not arrogant or overpowering.

As Lotak said above you can find a lot of info on this on other threads as well and no preparation is necessary for either assessment, in fact you would get penalised if you had any extra information.

In addition to the above, the other tips I can give you is that, for the report writing, you need to be able to read and understand things quickly. It is best then to write your report in points with headings and subheadings rather than whole paragraphs. The format I used was: Introduction, pro/con of option 1, pro/con option 2 etc, conclusion. Make sure you include your conclusion in the introduction as well, just in case you run out of time, they would know what option you chose and why you chose it. I don’t think it matters what option you choose, just make sure that whatever option you chose, you can back it up with reasons.

With regards to the group discussions, again you have to read and understand in a short period of time. Make notes as you go as well so you don’t have to keep referring back to the booklet once your discussing. You will be assigned tasks to complete like what option would be best etc. Each one of you would have a different option and you need to list out the pros cons of your option, how long till it starts making profit etc. Speak confidently, learn their names, look them in the eye. Towards the last few minutes your budget gets slashed and you will have to come up with another solution. It doesn’t matter if your group comes up with a solution or not, as long as you have reasons to back your choice up, you will be fine. Just relax during the group discussions. I was most nervous about this one but to be honest, it was the easiest one to complete. But don’t ever just sit there while everyone else talks. Always contribute even if it is as simple as asking one of your colleagues what they think.

If you got any more questions or want any more specific details just PM me. Good Luck!!

Hi,

I have cleared my AC. Could you please provide some tips on how to prepare for partner interview and what kind of questions would be asked?

Kind Regards,
Priyanka

Hi,

I have cleared my AC. Could you please provide some tips on how to prepare for partner interview and what kind of questions would be asked?

Kind Regards,
Priyanka

Congrats for passing the AC!

As with the AC, my Partner Interview was similar to most posts out there. Prepare the usual, why PwC, why this location? what do you know about the professional qualification (ACA)? Why your degree choice? Transferable skills, especially if your degree was non-accounting.

Prepare at least 2 examples for the final interview competencies. I was asked about building relationships, how I acted in a situation of conflict, cant remember the others, sorry!

Prepare commercial awareness questions, issues affecting the auditing industry, issues affecting PwC, business doing well/badly and any other business news you find interesting (I prepared on Zombie comapnies!).

If you are did a non-accounting degree, look out for news related to your degree. I was asked questions about news relating to the biopharmaceutical industry.

Know what auditing actually is, apparently most people cant even define that.

Thats basically all I can remember. After that I asked him questions. Make sure to prepare questions to ask in the end.

Just make sure to keep your answers concise and logical, i.e follow the STAR technique. Always aim to include what you learnt from each situation. And if they do ask commercial awareness, be able to relate it back to what PwC can do for them.

Just relax, be confident. Maintain eye contact and make it as conversational as possible. I didnt answer all the questions properly, in fact I was sure I messed up one but I still got it so dont worry if they ask something you cant answer properly. Just keep smiling!

If you want any specific details about anything, just let me know!

Good luck!

I wrote more than that! Not sure why it didnt post the whole thing! Anyway, the bit it cut off was basically that you should prepare the usual why pwc, why assurance, why this location, what do you know about the ACA.

Hi,

I had my partner interview today for Core Assurance. I believe it went well.
I was wondering if you know how long it would take to hear back from the partner?
Did it take long for you until they made an offer/ got feedback?

Hi!
I got it 2 days after! But dont worry, some times it takes up to 2 weeks , depending on how busy the partner is. Good luck!