FSA Help

FSA

Hi guys, am currently filling out the application form for the FSA’s graduate development scheme. I’m slightly confused by one of the questions, and would appreciate some input…

‘Please provide evidence from outside your academic studies that demonstrates that you have proactively sought opportunities to take on responsibility for actions and decisions. Please be specific about what you did and when you did it. (Maximum 250 words)’

Do you take that to be one of those ‘list your positions of reponsibility’ questions, or more a competency based ‘describe one particular situational example’ type question? I’m leaning towards the former, but don’t want to make a catastrophic gaffe! Probably being very stupid here…

Also, I’m currently researching issues that will affect the FSA over the next 3 years, so any input there would also be very useful!

Thanks a lot…

It says “evidence” so I would advise that you could do either. Persoanlly, I would use one example of something like volunteering at a school - and elaborate about how it was something you were proactive in organising and discuss your responsibilities - what you learnt, etc.

What exactly do they mean by proactively in this context? I cant think of a good enough example. I’m so close to submitting this application, but want to make sure i’ve answered the question…