Free info for anyone taking Grant Thornton online reasoning tests!

Google
Grant Thornton

If you have reached the online aptitude (reasoning) tests stage with Grant Thornton then this information could be useful for you. I have posted information on several recruitment tests as I have applied to many graduate programmes since last year. I hope you will find it useful. pls share if you have more information as I know I would be better off if I knew this stuff earlier (I failed many tests before).

GT will require you to take 2 online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests. These are administered by Kenexa (formerly PSL) and Kenexa format is widely used by investment banking and consulting industries.

The Numerical Test consists of 20 questions with 20 minute time limit. You can go back and forth and change the answers (but don’t do it). The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for a Kenexa type tutorial they have. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 90th percentile on my num. I failed the same test last year with 29% score and I still regret not paying attention to the test. but i improved this time which means we can all improve.

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 24 questions to be answered in 18 minutes. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. Assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to grad schemes !!!

Cheers,
Daren

Grant Thornton tests are more difficult that PwC tests in my experience! Anyone had a different experience from mine?

GT occasionally do Logical reasoning tests as well. GT is not really difficult it is the time problem. there is less time in GT tests than in PwC tests but both are from SHL.

Sorry, my mistake GT is from PSL (Kenexa) :slight_smile: as you stated above

I guess the information provided above should be a guidance only as Grant Thornton has different divisions that look for different aptitude sets in graduates. For example, my GT test battery included numerical and inductive reasoning tests. The num had the same number of questions (and time) as mentioned above, however, the inductive test was based on series of shapes/diagrams. I found the inductive test quite challenging as I did not have much practice on it. Any recommendations on best sources of practice on inductive (abstract) reasoning tests? thank you! Jimmy

How long do GT take to get back with your test results ?

Yes I did find GT harder than PwC…

How long does it take to hear back from GT after the test? It has been a week for me, it gets worrying!

Hi,

It should not take more than 48 hours to hear about your test results, however, reviewing the entire application takes longer.
If you don’t hear back from them in two weeks, then assume they rejected your application.

I asked on their trainees blog for the time taken for test results and they replied that in this busy season, each step in the recruitment process may take four to six weeks and to call them there after… So looks as if our applications are on hold for the moment…

thanks for your reply woodpecker

You are welcome paper stone. Will keep you updated if I get any further info.

Jamesbolt, I found inductive reasoning to be really useful from assessment day website. I took some tests from PwC and got exceptional score on them.

Paper stone, you should have got your results now… Got mine today after taking the tests last week… Give them a call if you haven’t got them.

Thank you woodpecker! I just checked and I haven’t! I’ll wait till Friday morning to see how it goes. I’m not entirely positive about it since I did not manage to finish like 4-5questions of my numerical. Congratulations if you’re on to the next stage!

Thanks… To be honest, I attempted only 12 of them and still managed to get through, I was thinking I wouldn’t… So you still have your chances. Good luck !!

hey guys, does anyone is aware or has a discount code/voucher for graduatemonkey subscription SHL Kenexa test preparation packs. I would really appreciate if you could send one if you happen to have it for graduatemonkey. I know they used to do discount codes but I could not find one on their site.

has anyone had any experience with graduatemonkey, are they any good? I saw their aptitude test preparation tutorial (Ebook, videos and practice tests) packs start from £19 per pack. Not sure if it is worth my money. Looking for a prompt response.
thanks a lot in advance!
Jim

Does anyone know if Grant Thornton is still hiring? Their website does not state clearly :frowning:

Dear wikijobers,

I have a question actually. Has anyone among you passed the application stage recently? I need to know if GT is still reviewing new applications for internships.

Thanks a bunch!
Sarah