Ford Purchashing Graduate Programme

Ford

I applied to the Purchasing graduate programme last month. Some people are getting responses for the finance scheme. Has anyone received a response from the purchasing route???

Or, more importantly, if anyone has some advice or insight about the purchasing programme in more detail let me know!

Many thanks.

I got a response regarding the HR scheme this morning so I presume their starting to look at all of their schemes. 3 days to sit the test! ah! Best of luck!

That’s great! I’m guessing the test for the HR scheme will be the same for purchasing. Let me know how the test goes. If anybody knows anything about the testing or other schemes, let us know!!

Hello buyer 713, I have applied to the purchasing scheme and have my phone interview for it tomorrow. I was never told that I got beyond the application form - I received no email, or anything telling me about the status of my application. I was carrying out a routine check on my account at the Ford Graduate portal, and was informed that I had been invited to do the tests - there was no email. I recommend you do the same, check your account and see where you stand. Good luck

Hey anyone from Sales and marketing heard anything yet?
I just did my inductive reasoning and now my application is blank does this mean i have failed? I was wondering if the other test was meant to pop up straight after or not? xthanx

I have my telephone interview tomorrow, with Ford. I applied in the sales and marketing programme, so I am waitng if any one can provide any feed back on that… Really appreciate it…

flearoy17, i wish i saw your comment earlier than this. I sat the tests earlier also. After the inductive test it would appear that your done but you have to log in again, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you would see ‘begin numerical test.’ Its only by chance I went in again and noticed it. It’s a very shady system. I really hope you discovered it in the end, other wise your application is void because you didn’t sit both elements.

Hi,

Just had my telephone interview for Sales and Marketing Programme and I thought would share the following information and the questions which were asked to me by FORD…

• Knowledge of Ford and the function to which you are applying
• Working effectively with other people
• Results Focus
• Customer Focus

Here are the tips that I got form the website and would recommend them to any candidate for the interview:

• Be specific – describe exactly what you did or said
• Talk about your contribution (not what other people have done)
• Give examples of the skills that you demonstrated in the particular situation
• You can choose examples from work / college / voluntary work / out of work activities.
• Make sure you take some time to find out about Ford and the area to which you are applying

And finally to make life easier for persons, as I have gained immensely form this Forum, information about FORD is also posted for the benefit. It would obviously change so please update accordingly:

The Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is an American multinational corporation based in Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. The automaker was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated on June 16, 1903. In addition to the Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury brands, Ford also owns a small stake in Mazda in Japan and Aston Martin in the UK. Ford’s former UK subsidiaries Jaguar and Land Rover were sold to Tata Motors of India in March 2008. In 2010 Ford sold Volvo to Geely Automobile.[5] Ford will discontinue the Mercury brand at the end of 2010.
Ford introduced methods for large-scale manufacturing of cars and large-scale management of an industrial workforce using elaborately engineered manufacturing sequences typified by moving assembly lines. Henry Ford’s methods came to be known around the world as Fordism by 1914.

Ford is currently the second largest automaker in the U.S. and the fourth-largest in the world based on number of vehicles sold annually, directly behind Volkswagen Group.[6] In 2007, Ford fell from second to third in US annual vehicle sales for the first time in 56 years, behind only General Motors and Toyota. However, Ford occasionally outsells Toyota in shorter periods (most recently, during the summer months of 2009). By the end of 2009, Ford was the third largest automaker in Europe (behind Volkswagen and PSA Peugeot Citroën).[7]

Ford is the seventh-ranked overall American-based company in the 2008 Fortune 500 list, based on global revenues in 2008 of $146.3 billion.[8] In 2008, Ford produced 5.532 million automobiles[9] and employed about 213,000 employees at around 90 plants and facilities worldwide.
During the automotive crisis, Ford’s worldwide unit volume dropped to 4.817 million in 2009. Despite the adverse conditions, Ford ended 2009 with a net profit of $2.7 billion.[10] Starting in 2007, Ford received more initial quality survey awards from J. D. Power and Associates than any other automaker. Five of Ford’s vehicles ranked at the top of their categories[11] and fourteen vehicles ranked in the top three.[12]

Hope this all helps, as there is no single thread on the telephone interview about FORD…

Regards,

HJMK007

I’m just wondering if anyone has heard bk yet from the result of their telephone interview and if so how long was it before u heard back?

so weird, i haven’t heard anything… not even a refusal… in the my account area it just says current account application status… it’s blank…

At Differentfrogs: 1 what?? lol

At Buyer713: I’m in the same boat as you then, it’s blank on my account aswell… did they tell u in the telephone interview how long until u hear? they said to me could be up to 2 weeks!

Yes, sorry I wrote a comment before my interview asking for advice off hjmk007.
But he didn’t reply and I’ve had my interview now, so I just deleted it to save him the hassle of getting back to me.
Buyer713 have you had your tests/phone interview yet? If not then it might not be good news because I applied 3 weeks ago or so and I have already had my tests and phone interview. If you have then I guess they’re still going through them so just be patient!

I have applied to the purchasing scheme, and I was invited to do the test this week.
I did the inductive reasoning test , but when i am logging in to my account to do the numerical one, it is showing me that I am taking a test at the moment. does anyone know what to do in this situation?

Anyone been to the AC for the Sales/Marketing Scheme yet or been invited?

I have been to an AC and I can tell you that for the interview it’s basically the telephone interview version 2.0. Just re-prepare for that and treat it as the first contact with the company and don’t worry about repeating telephone interview comments/examples.

And the roleplay, group exercise and in-tray are all quite basic and don’t actually require knowledge of ford or the industry. All you need is to actually be good at / have experience in the day to day roles.
All the information needed for every exercise is given to you so any research you do before hand is either pointless or a small bonus.

My only tip is to brush up on your skim reading, as sometimes only 50% of the information given is useful and reading it all means you have little time to do the tasks.

Also don’t message me asking for further help. I haven’t had a single reply when asking for help myself, and the times I’ve given help I haven’t even had a thank you. So I’m not going to bother anymore.

Thanks for your post. My best wishes for you to get selected :slight_smile:

Thank you differentfrogs that is much appreciated. I pray we all get the job especially yourself for the information you have given. :slight_smile:

Thanks, you too.
Just practice time keeping and make sure you’re sharp and alert on the day and you should all be okay.
They go out of their way to make you all feel relaxed and comfortable so that you perform to your best ability and then if you’re good enough, you get an offer!

Could I just ask…did you do any In-try excersizes. And if so what they were on? I’d appreciate if you didn’t want to say but would be extremely grateful! :slight_smile: