Ford IT Graduate Scheme 2011

Ford
IT Graduate

Hey everyone…I wanted to create this forum so that we can have some information on the IT grad scheme within Ford. There have been a forums for Finance, Purchasing, HR, Sales and Marketing and Product Development, with lots of comments from other candidates, but nothing yet from anyone who applied to Ford. I applied for this scheme on 28th of October and suprisingly got invited for the online tests on the 1st of November. I was given 3 days to write the test but faced difficulties with browser choice and had to have my test reset (like twice!).

I finally sat for my test on the 5th of November. it went very very well, and I know I passed, but I havent gotten any word from them since then. To read that other schemes have done their phone interview with some people in HR nad Finance already booked for assessment centres was a teeny bit worrying. I called the HR department and was told my application is still under review, which is fine by me because no news is good news, and I am staying positive.

Anyone who applied for the IT graduate scheme, please can you share your experience about your application process. If you have done a phone interview, what questions were you asked. i’ve read the general questions other schemes were asked - Knowledge of Ford and the function to which you are applying
• Working effectively with other people
• Results Focus
• Customer Focus

I have a feeling just like the product development scheme, the IT scheme may have a different set of questions because it is a technical role. I read from a 2007 candidate on Prospects website, that you may be asked about projects you’ve worked on. That was 2007, a lot may have changed since then. Any useful hints or responses will be very much appreciated.

Gud job for creating this Forum.

The funny thing is I submitted mine as well on the 28/10/2010 but only got feedback today that my application is ‘on hold’ so you are in a far better position…

I am glad they haven’t refused my application so far but I wonder what another week might bring…

Employee2010… did you do the inductive and numerical tests…?

Well they are hiring for immediate start and February 2011, so I suggest you do not lose hope. if it is on hold, means you are still up for consideration. Yes I did the inductive and numerical test. The inductive test first and then numerical. Sm1 for the HR scheme said she logged in and got booked for an assessment centre immediately after she finished the numerical test, and I was like wow, did she get 100% or what. I know for a fact that they take their time more with technical schemes like IT and product development bcos they hv to screen to get the best.

I am not worried at all, and you shouldnt too. Lets hope more people will post comments on this forum so we can have information about whats going on

employee2010 - thanks

Regarding the test, is it 3 days for the inductive reasoning and another 3 days for the numerical tests?

Thanks

employee2010 - thanks

Regarding the test, is it 3 days for the inductive reasoning and another 3 days for the numerical tests?

Thanks

no. u have to sit for both by the 3 days

thanks for the reply but I can only see the inductive test in ‘My Account’

i dont know why you do. u will need to contact HR for that. I had found out from this blog, that after the inductive test is the numerical test. So i signed back into my account after I had finished the inductive test, to do the numerical. Sorry i cant help u on this regard

Hello,

I submitted my application on the 28 of October but I haven’t received response so far, however I would like to know how is the test?, where can I find material to practice?..

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you

hi i have applied for IT graduate role and i did my online exam on 12/11/2010 but till now i didnt heard any thing from them. it just shows that “We will be in touch shortly with regards to the outcome”

hi,

I also applied for the IT programme and I was invited to do the online test, which I did on the 18th. I got a mail from them to book a spot for the telephone interview, which is today. Does anyone have an idea of the questions they ask?

also, can anyone remember the exact functionla areas in the IT dept, as I cant remember what they are and it says they will ask questions on ur functionla area!

Good luck on your interview. I copied this from the job advertsiement. Systems support is vital to every aspect of the Ford business. IT graduates will experience a unique breadth of exposure in order to develop technical capability learning through roles which may include Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Security and Control Analysts and Architects.

Please let us know how your interview went.

hi employee2010,

thanks. I will let you guys know how it goes. if anyone has already had the telephone interview experience, please share asap.

I wonder if you get invited to the numerial test only if you pass the inductive reasoning test…?

no…d link for the numerical comes up right after you do the inductive reasoning. At least thats what happened in my case.

Hi blaw,

I just got an email from Ford, about the phone interview (good news). The email stated that it is a competency based interview. Which is great for me. Has anyone also done the phone interview, what questions were you asked. Any help will be very much appreciated

I just read on the Ford Product development graduate programme on wiki job that during the application, you may have chosen a function to work in, under your graduate scheme. I cant remember choosing any specific area to work in, and i read that you will be quizzed about this area. Can anyone remember chooing a functional area, bcos i sure cant remember doing any such thing. I filled the form, with all the details and answered their questions. beats me to be readiing that. HELP!!!ANYONE.

The only thing I know about the functional areas is what I responded to for BLAW, which is what i saw on the vacancy." IT graduates will experience a unique breadth of exposure in order to develop technical capability learning through roles which may include Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Security and Control Analysts and Architects"

Can anyone please let me know if I was correct, bcos if so, Business Analysis and Systems Analysis is my comfort zone. Thanks

Hi emp;loyee2010,

The telephone interview is pretty straight forward. Just do ur home work on Ford motor Company, try and know everything about them from start to now (atleast the important things), know the UK market, and you will also be asked 3 comptency based questions, just like it says on ur account page. they competency based questions r all customer related…so be prepared.

Cheers.

HI guys, I applied 2 the IT scheme as well, I have a phone interview with Ford this week after passing the test, Fingers crossed.
Anyone who done the interview where the questions the same/similar as the ones on the application form?