Ford HR graduate scheme 2011

Ford

Hey everyone…I wanted to create this forum so that we can have some information on the HR grad scheme within Ford. I applied for this scheme around 20th of October and got invited for the online tests on the 8th of November. I sat the online tests last night(10 Nov) which included an inductive reasoning tests(based on diagrams and patterns where you had to answer 24 questions in 25 minutes and a numerical test where I had to answer 18 questions in 24 minutes). The test were standard SHL tests used my most companies and were not too difficult in my opinion.

When I logged into my account right after I’d finished the test, I had the option of booking my tel interview(again on a very short notice). I did not receive any email about my online test so I would advise that you keep checking your account regularly.

My account states that the interview will be competency based focussing around Knowledge of Ford and the function to which you are applying, Working effectively with other people, Results Focus and Customer Focus. I was wondering if anyone applying for HR scheme has already had their interview. Would be great if you could specifically state the questions being asked.

Hi,

Just had my telephone interview for Sales and Marketing Programme and I thought would share the following information and the questions which were asked to me by FORD…

• Knowledge of Ford and the function to which you are applying
• Working effectively with other people
• Results Focus
• Customer Focus

Here are the tips that I got form the website and would recommend them to any candidate for the interview:

• Be specific – describe exactly what you did or said
• Talk about your contribution (not what other people have done)
• Give examples of the skills that you demonstrated in the particular situation
• You can choose examples from work / college / voluntary work / out of work activities.
• Make sure you take some time to find out about Ford and the area to which you are applying

And finally to make life easier for persons, as I have gained immensely form this Forum, information about FORD is also posted for the benefit. It would obviously change so please update accordingly:

The Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is an American multinational corporation based in Dearborn, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. The automaker was founded by Henry Ford and incorporated on June 16, 1903. In addition to the Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury brands, Ford also owns a small stake in Mazda in Japan and Aston Martin in the UK. Ford’s former UK subsidiaries Jaguar and Land Rover were sold to Tata Motors of India in March 2008. In 2010 Ford sold Volvo to Geely Automobile.[5] Ford will discontinue the Mercury brand at the end of 2010.
Ford introduced methods for large-scale manufacturing of cars and large-scale management of an industrial workforce using elaborately engineered manufacturing sequences typified by moving assembly lines. Henry Ford’s methods came to be known around the world as Fordism by 1914.

Ford is currently the second largest automaker in the U.S. and the fourth-largest in the world based on number of vehicles sold annually, directly behind Volkswagen Group.[6] In 2007, Ford fell from second to third in US annual vehicle sales for the first time in 56 years, behind only General Motors and Toyota. However, Ford occasionally outsells Toyota in shorter periods (most recently, during the summer months of 2009). By the end of 2009, Ford was the third largest automaker in Europe (behind Volkswagen and PSA Peugeot Citroën).[7]

Ford is the seventh-ranked overall American-based company in the 2008 Fortune 500 list, based on global revenues in 2008 of $146.3 billion.[8] In 2008, Ford produced 5.532 million automobiles[9] and employed about 213,000 employees at around 90 plants and facilities worldwide.
During the automotive crisis, Ford’s worldwide unit volume dropped to 4.817 million in 2009. Despite the adverse conditions, Ford ended 2009 with a net profit of $2.7 billion.[10] Starting in 2007, Ford received more initial quality survey awards from J. D. Power and Associates than any other automaker. Five of Ford’s vehicles ranked at the top of their categories[11] and fourteen vehicles ranked in the top three.[12]

Hope this all helps, as there is no single thread on the telephone interview about FORD…

Regards,

HJMK007

I have an interview for HR tomorrow please tell what do they ask

I will share my experience of the assessment centre, which was held at CEME at Rainham Esexx on 13 December… The day consists of the following activities:

1. interview: same as telephone interview, its all competency based as prepare all examples which were asked to you … Do research on Ford and also on the issues facing the automotive sector…

role play: An imaginary company, Regal Motors and Regal Finance exist and the objective is to merge two databases and come up with a presentataion on a flip chart within 25 minutes and after that present it to the person…

The assessor asks you questions which are pertinent to the scenario and also they ask u very different questions so u need to be preoared, as it can be v difficult…, and your job is to convince them as they don’t want to merge.

in-tray exercise: same imaginary company and your manager has an accident so you need to fill in for them. you are then given 10-15 emails/memos that you need to prioritise and write down how you would react… Its to do witha luanch of a car and you are interacting with different departments on behalf of your manager…

You also have a massive rescheduling news that basically turns everything into an emergency so you just need to know which areas need most attention etc… its all common sense as all the information is there. if someone write “tell me by next week” then its more urgent that if someone writes “I need to know in the next 6 weeks” etc…

group exercise: you are given the same info on RM and RF to read about a relocation of offices between different departments…

There are objectives which you need to classify as a short term, medium and long term , have a discussion with candidates… also come up with different issues highlighted in the case and focus on having a close look on the time also… which is very crucial…

You have to write down notes about prioritising, then sit with other candidates and discuss the options.

Hope this helps all persons and Ford was an excellent experience, so best of luck… The objective is to help any 1 and if some 1 is destined to get a job offer, they will get it and if they read thousands of forums, and if it is not in their fate, they will not get it… That’s my perspective…

hello,

Just a quick question, i’ve just done my inductive reasoning and numeric test online for an HR graduate position 2011. Does anyone know how long it takes before i hearing back on whether i’ve been suuccessful or not?

Ellecc

I did mine that same day for the marketing, have not heard back anything yet. The math was easy but I did find the inductive challenging, so no idea what the benchmark is and am really curious when we’ll hear back.

MB

Hi MB,

Glad to know i’m not the only one still waiting as i have read of some people who were booked for a telephone interview the very same day they did their tests.

I found the inductive one quiet ok, it’s the maths one that was a little challenging for me.

Would you let me know as soon as your hear back from them, i’ll do the same as well.

Regads,
Ellecc

Hey Ellecc,

I am wondering whether there is just a pass/fail or if they wait for everyone to take them and take the top x percent. Will keep my fingers crossed and keep you updated.

MB

I am looking to take the psychometric tests tomorrow, what do they consist of? is a bit of everything i.e. decision making, verbal reasoning, numerical etc?

I’m a bit steady on the numeracy side so and hoping theres not too much stuff on that!!

cheers
RM

MB,

Just an update from FORD. i got an email saying ‘You are currently on hold whilst we progress the testing stage of our selection process. We will be back in touch with a further update as soon as we can. Thank you for your interest and patience in the meantime’.

Did you get anything like this as well?

Ellecc

Hi Ellecc,

I received the same e-mail a few hours ago. I saw on a different thread that some people have already progressed to phone interview stage. Guess they are seeing how many people score higher than we did and will decide based off their scores. Who knows how much longer before they filter through all those - boo.

MB

really…phone interview stage already? I really wish they would just do the whole process so fast. Maybe we should wait till the deadline and see what happenes.

Ellecc

I was starting to panic about everyone else gettting through til the phone interview stage already and I had only got the e-mail which both of you seem to have recieved as well, feeling a wee bit calmer now so thanks!:slight_smile:

AMG

I’ve had my telephone interview today. Now just have to wait. Is there anyone who was invited to the AC?

Well done EP. I know there is an AC this Friday…so you might be invited to that one. Not sure how many they are gonna run though.

Did you apply for an HR position by they way, when did you apply?

Ellecc

Yes Ellecc,
I applied for HR position on the 31st of August, then asked to do my tests on the 18th of Sep. Waiting for tel interview results now and my application status is blank…hmm what does that mean!?
What about you? Did you hear anything back from them?

EP, No i haven’t heard anything apart from an email saying i was on hold and they were gonna get back to me… At least u are one step ahead :slight_smile:

Wish you all the best. will let you know when i get an update

ellecc

Thank you Ellecc!

I wish you the best of luck as well! I still haven heard anything back from them.

EP

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me info regarding the Ford assessment centre for the Marketing programme 2011, if you have been to it already, or any Ford graduate assessment would really be appreciated,

Cheers,

Maddy.

Hi Maddy,

Have you had your assessment centre yet? Or did you find any information on the Sales, Service and Marketing one?

Thanks