Ford Finance Graduate Scheme 2016

Ford

Hi guys,

I just had my telephone interview with Ford Motor Co for their finance graduate scheme. It was very straight forward and to the point.

It was based on the following topic:
Self Motivation
Customer Focus
Results Focus
Personal Development

Initial questions were:
What is your motivation to join Ford?
Why do you want a career in the automotive industry?
Why do you want a role in the finance department?
What do you think you will be doing in the finance department?
What do you think you will contribute to Ford?

Competency Questions:
Tell me about a time where you…

• had to persuade someone
  • had to achieve a difficult result despite setbacks?
  • had to deliver a result for a customer?

Hope it helps whoever is applying this year :slight_smile:

Hi Zain,
Thanks a lot for the info!! I’ve got mine on The coming Monday and am working on my preps for the same. The details you gave will surely be of great help.

Hey Guys,

I had my telephone interview on the 20th and received an email yesterday saying my application has been put on ‘hold’. I’m not sure what to make of it to be honest, I haven’t been rejected, yet haven’t been invited to the assessment centre!. Have either of you heard anything back yet?

Also my questions were the same as Zain’s for anyone that is yet to have their interview.

Hi Chris, I am in the same position as you. Neither been rejected nor successful… Hope this “hold” means that they can’t find any one else to fit the criteria and i get called for the assessment.

I’ve received this ‘hold’ email too, and have even received it twice in 3 days.

Does anyone know what date this grad scheme would start?

Hi guys! thank you for the feedback. I also received the “hold” email about a week or so ago! The email says they hire on an ongoing basis so cant really say what the end date is or the start date is for the graduate scheme. best of luck to everyone. *fingers-crossed

Hi guys, I got the same email about my application being on hold over a week ago. So I phoned them up today and was told that there is no time frame for when they’d get back to me, my application hasn’t been successful but they could potentially get back to me for the next stage even after 3 months. :confused: Not really liking the chances tbh.

I received a call today to say that I was successful and I was offered a job. Had anyone else yet?

Has anyone applied to the Ford Credit Business program. Passed the numerical tests, telephone interview and sent back the translation exams and they said they’d get back to me with the outcome but it’s been a while now. Was wondering if anyone had gotten any further in the process??

Congrats on the offer mate, what is the program you applied for?

Congrats on the offer! When was your AC? Was this for finance?

I had my AC last Thursday so I’m constantly watching my phone at the moment

Thanks guys. I had my assessment day last Thursday too but got a call on the Friday to say I got the job. They are recuiting for both ford motor and credit so find out next week where I will be placed. This is the finsnce program that I have applied for. I know they still have interviews this week and maybe even next so they haven’t confirmed everyone yet! Let me know if you need help with anything / how you get on with the final result

Well my confidence has certainly taken as knock. :frowning: gutting as I desperately want this job. Oh well I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully I’m on the list to join somewhere. Congrats again you must have really stood out!

I would not let that knock your confidence at all just because I’ve found out doesn’t mean that you won’t. There is alot of different jobs that they have available. Who were you at the assessment day as I guess we were there together?

Brunette, shirt and navy skirt. Who were you at the day?

Its pretty frustrating to hear that people have been invited for assessment centers and offered jobs and Ford hasnt bothered to get back to me in 6 weeks since my telephone interview. My application has been on hold for over 5 weeks now :frowning:
I was under the impression that they would be placing everyones on hold as they had a lot of applications to sort though and then would notify all of the applicants once they had sorted them out. Turns out it was definatly a waste of my time to check my application status every single day! O dang…

I’ve just been invited to an assessment centre, for the finance/finance ford credit opportunities. Do they allow you to make a request as to which one you are specifically applying for or do they keep it open?

And can anyone tell me all about the assessment centre, what types of things you need to prepare for the interview and what the group tasks are etc,

Thanks in advance

I’m not too sure if they will have many dates but when I got invited I only had one option. The day consists of a role play / interview/ in tray and group work.

The only thing you can really prepare for is the interview so general interview prep there.

I know they still have places for candidates as the lady said on the phone today but my only advice is be yourself

I’m not too sure if they will have many dates but when I got invited I only had one option. The day consists of a role play / interview/ in tray and group work.

The only thing you can really prepare for is the interview so general interview prep there.

I know they still have places for candidates as the lady said on the phone today but my only advice is be yourself

Hi,
I just got invited to the assessment centre today.There was only one slot when I booked, so you should book it asap if you haven’t already.