Fidelity

Fidelity

Anyone heard back from Fidelity ho was applying for the investment grad scheme? applications are now closed and on the website it says interviews are in November/December so just wondering if I am the only one who hasn’t heard anything?

same situation as me. Ive heard they are very very late with their whole recruitment process normally (goes into January). My app status is still: Application Submitted, its not even under review yet so no idea when to expect any communication from them

just got an invite for the online numerical test today. got 5 days to do it.

sk22, when did you complete your application? just logged on to check mine and it still says submitted, not even under review yet.

Just checked, i completed my app on 28th September. I was pretty quick of the mark with the application as soon as i saw it had opened. When did you apply?

FYI My status was “application submitted” for ages and im pretty sure it went directly from that to ‘online numerical test invite’ quite suddenly.

http://www.fidelityinternational.jobs/graduate_schemes/recruitment_process/testing/test.html cant really tell if its SHL/PSL/own test… any ideas?

looks like SHL to me.
I applied mid way through october so hopefully they will get to my app soon. Looks like we have applied for all the same places SK22

I hope its SHL! ill let you know tmw when i do the test i guess.
Apart from Fidelity and Schroders where else did you apply tr226?

No reply from Fidelity, still worrying!

Hi Happyguoguo

I believe I’m in the same boat as you. However, while I was applying I encountered some very negative feedback from ex employees online about Fidelity. The general criticism was that it was very political!!! I can’t really comment myself since I have had no contact with anyone from the firm. But the comments did demotivate me to an extent during my application. Subsequently, I ended up getting my app. in just before the deadline. I hope you didn’t make the same mistake as me.

Hi Happyguoguo

I believe I’m in the same boat as you. However, while I was applying I encountered some very negative feedback from ex employees online about Fidelity. The general criticism was that it was very political!!! I can’t really comment myself since I have had no contact with anyone from the firm. But the comments did demotivate me to an extent during my application. Subsequently, I ended up getting my app. in just before the deadline. I hope you didn’t make the same mistake as me.

sk22 fidelity, schroders, blackrock, jpmorgan, rcm (but got rejected straight away), hsbc, and marshall wace. also sent my cv to a few recruiters ho have offered me stuff but it starts straight away, they didn’t seem to able to grasp i was still at uni!

happyguoguo when did you send you app in?

In mid October for Fidelity. No any reply now…
Also I did apply JP Morgan , also no reply…

looks like we are in the same sort of timeframe for fidelity.

i heard back from JPM quite promply though within a week with an invite to numerical and then a week after than for verbal tests

@tr226 what did you apply for at JPM? I didnt think they required verbal tests for AM?

I applied for global portfolios within AM.

Hi Tr226
Same as me. Still waiting for both Fidelity and JPM AM GP after both numeracy and verbal !

at least its not just me, im gettnig less and less optimistic by the day. rejected by Blackrock today. I think its probably my a levels as I have passed the IMC and got a years work experience at UBS Global AM albeit in client relationship management

Hi tr226

What sort of stuff did you manage to get straight away? Since I have finished uni and am on a gap year would you mind sharing this information.

Cheers

sorry I don’t understand the question. what do you mean get straight away?

Hi tr226

You stated in one of your earlier posts that you sent your stuff to a few recruiters who offered you work but it started immediately and as your still at uni you declined. The question is which recruiters?

Cheers