FactSet anyone?

FactSet

Any views or interview/assessment centre experience with these guys?

No, i’ve been asked to go in next week for 3 tests and am trying to find out a bit more!

Same here! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone get called in for the 45min interview with 2 senior consultants-any info/guidance would be helpful!

Hi Econ1, as i understand you have been to the assessment centre for Factset, it would be great if you could update me a bit on the activities scheduled for the day since i have been invited to attend the one next week.

Rahul,
Ye I went for the assessments for the Finance consultant position.
You are asked in to do three tests, there is no interview at this stage so you don’t really need to do company research etc at this stage…although it can’t hurt because you never know what they might change.
They give you 1.5 hours to complete the 3 tests which you can do in any order and spend as much time as you want on each. I spent 30mins on each. Theres one on excel to do with workbook functions and formatting…there was a v lookups question but nothing on pivot tables.
Then there was a numeracy test…stats, one simple qu on fractions, basic algebra…cant remember exactly but nothing difficult.
The final one was on financial markets…it was multiple choice apart from the last question. Questions varied…examples tested knowledge of different financial statement and info on them, knowledge of major EU indices and again I cant remember too much more…I found it quite tough.
I concentrated on doing well on the numeracy and excel and knew I did not perform well on the financial markets test…but they do provide training on this if you get the job.
I got to the next stage where there was an interview with 2 senior consultants, in their late 20’s, but did not get any further.
Hope goes well for you!

Thank you for the update…much appreciated…one last thing, do you remember the questions they asked you in the interview? it would be great if you could help me on this…wish u all the luck for all your future endeavours…cheers!!!

Thanks and no probs.
The interview started with the usual…
tell me about yourself and what you’ve been doing.
Modules you picked at Uni…what you enjoyed and didnt enjoy and why
Hobbies
Previous run through of jobs you’ve had
What you know about factset as a company
What you know about the role and the products
Who clients are
Competitors…If applied to any of them
What makes factset different
What you can offer to the company
Show you’ve got an interest in financial industry and why you’ve got that interest
Need to show you want to learn
Eye contact and showing you’ve got experience in customer focused role or you want to go into that is essential…going extra mile for customers
Also need to have solid understanding of company and what they do to be successful!
Asking about CFA exam looks good
They asked me if it was end of the day on friday and client rings you to do something then 5 mins later another client does same but noway can complete both what would you do?
Hope thats useful…sure you’ll do well!

Thanks and no probs.
The interview started with the usual…
tell me about yourself and what you’ve been doing.
Modules you picked at Uni…what you enjoyed and didnt enjoy and why
Hobbies
Previous run through of jobs you’ve had
What you know about factset as a company
What you know about the role and the products
Who clients are
Competitors…If applied to any of them
What makes factset different
What you can offer to the company
Show you’ve got an interest in financial industry and why you’ve got that interest
Need to show you want to learn
Eye contact and showing you’ve got experience in customer focused role or you want to go into that is essential…going extra mile for customers
Also need to have solid understanding of company and what they do to be successful!
Asking about CFA exam looks good
They asked me if it was end of the day on friday and client rings you to do something then 5 mins later another client does same but noway can complete both what would you do?
Hope thats useful…sure you’ll do well!

Hi Mark, congratulations for getting through to the second round and many thanks for the detailed description of the day’s activities. Hope you ace the 2nd round as well…i will be going in for the tests on wednesday…cheers!!!

Hey Mark,

I also have reached the last stage for FactSet. Have you had yours yet? What was it like?

Hi Mark, your blog is great and very informative, you have good writing skills. Just one question, do the factset people know about your blog??..Lol…i sure hope not. Keep up the good work…cheers!!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the insight to the assessment day.

I have just been invited to the telephone interview for the consultancy role, but cannot find any sort of info on their website that outlines what questions they will ask, can you give me some suggestions?

Also, I have read through the forums, but not sure about what follows the telephone interview. it straight from the telephone interview to the assessment day, or is there an intermediate step?

Cheers

Hi shimmi,

The assessment day follows the telephone phone interview, and if you’re successful at that you’ll be invited to a final stage which consist of interviews with senior FactSet reps

i understand that this thread is old, but has anyone had any experience of a phone interview with factSet??

Hi there, has anyone recently attended the Assessment Day? I am seeking a little bit more information on the exercises on the day, especially the Execel and financial markets tests and the Microteach?
Thanks

Hi there, has anyone recently attended the Assessment Day? I am seeking a little bit more information on the exercises on the day, especially the Excel and financial markets tests and the Microteach?
Thanks

Hi there, has anyone recently attended the Assessment Day? I am seeking a little bit more information on the exercises on the day, especially the Excel and financial markets tests and the Microteach?
Thanks

Thanks

im clueless too! Mines tmoro and idnt kno if we are getting interviewed aswell or not!