Face to Face Interview with Santander for The Position of Personal Banking Advisor

Santander

Hi guys,

I had phone interview on Friday 8th March 2013 which I passed. I was given an interview date straight away. My question is does anyone know what the interview will consist of and what I should prepare for.

She did mention that it will be competency based and I should bring up the examples I mentioned in the telephone interview and elaborate on them a little bit more as well as taking part in a role playing exercise.

Is there anything else I need to be prepared for?

Thanks

Bump

Hiya what kind of questions did they ask you? I have a telephone interview and also what role was it for? Personal banker?

HI CAN U PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THE QUESTIONS THEY ASKED U DURING YOUR INTERVIEW??

THANKS

Hey,

I hope my reply is not too late. Well the interview was broken up into three stages, the first on was a role play I was given a list of interest rates and a [fake] customer’s details. I had to use the information I had to sell her a loan, the second part was competency based questions [I suggest you look at as much Q&A as you can on these and just practice and finally usual interview about yourself.

I had two people interviewing me and it lasted about an hour and a half. I didn’t get the job however fortunately I had a lucky escape as I have heard nothing but negative things about working for Santander. I know for Lloyds TSB and couldn’t be happier.

I suppose it is what you make of it and to each their own, so I hope this information was useful to you and I wish you the best of luck. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Hi Jdn,

Congratulations on your new job and thank u for the info above! :slight_smile:

I have a telephone interview tomorrow, can u give me any idea what could come up?

Hey, well the telephone interview is only about 10 - 15 mins long. They will only ask you competency based questions, so things like tell me a time when you have had to work in a group, tell me a time when you have gone above and beyond for a customer or tell me a time when you were unable to make a deadline. Stuff like that.

Competency based questions are vast so I suggest you look up some responses online to equip yourself. Now the way they want you to answer these questions is known as the S.T.A.R method which is Situation, Task, Action and Result. Tell your story using these headings and so it clear and concise and detailed and you cant go wrong. So you describe the situation pertaining to the question, then you described what you had to do, then how you went about solving it and the result of your actions.

I hope this has helped, good luck and please let me know how you got on.

My interview has been cancelled until further notice, thank you for replying :slight_smile:

Hey jdn,

So are you now working with Lloyds bank? If so, could you advise how and which role did u apply for?

I have 1 to 1 interview, plus role play and may be numeric test with TSB can you please, guide me about role play, basically have to sell something or qualify a customer to some of the services or product the TSB offer… but what is the TSB looking for…what to avoid, what are the tips to pass. i am desperate for job. Last year i had a similar role playing but I failed and the bank manager told me I didnot build enough rapport, didn’t ask her this and that in the role play. please guide help in detail if you can please. job Customer Assistant