EY assessment center help/group task, case study

Hello I have read through all your post and they are extremly helpful and It has made me also less worried about my deloitte interview as I also think mine were terrible.

I have an AC at EY on wednesday and Im more worried about the group task and case study. I have tried to revise all areas of the company, In particular regards to corporate finance which is the area Im interviewed in. How in depth do you need to be for the case study? I have been reading up on transaction advisory, restructuring, also the area of audit and tax to suggest suitable sevices.

Im also unsure about suggesting potential problems, say if a company wanted to sell a subsidary, or make an aquisition. Any help, on assements centers would be very helpfull. And especially how to conduct yourself, in group activitys ? I want the job at EY more than the other four so I have got to get this assesment center right. Thank you Kieran

You’ve got the right idea by studying EY’s services that it offers to clients. The group exercise and case study will be just like it is all the other firms.

Group exercise - WikiJob

With the case study and group exercise it is mostly common sense. For the group exercise, it is best to lead the discussion but give everybody an equal opportunity to speak . Also keep close watch on time because you will be expected to reach a conclusion within the time available.

Make sure you fully understand the corporate finance function, what it does and how it helps clients. Not knowing what you are signing up for will kill your chances at interview.

Also take a look at:

Ernst & Young Interview Questions - WikiJob

One other thing- don’t set your heart on any one firm or job- they are all roughly the same, and you will get a similar experience no matter which Big 4 firm you join.

Hope this helps!

Im actually interested as well. Any advice on the report exercise?
Do we need to type or write the report?
What kinds of information is provided about the hotel project?
How complex is the information?
And is it time pressurised for the report exercise?

So many questions SORRY!
Any advice guys?

[QUOTE=walthamstow;867]Im actually interested as well. Any advice on the report exercise?
Do we need to type or write the report?
What kinds of information is provided about the hotel project?
How complex is the information?
And is it time pressurised for the report exercise?

So many questions SORRY!
Any advice guys?[/QUOTE]

The information provided on the client/issue is not complex at all. Just use your common sense and make sure you construct your report in a neat and easy-to-follow manner then you’ll be fine. Past years financial accounts were given. Also do some good research about the services E&Y provides.

[QUOTE=kieran__;845]Hello I have read through all your post and they are extremly helpful and It has made me also less worried about my deloitte interview as I also think mine were terrible.

I have an AC at EY on wednesday and Im more worried about the group task and case study. I have tried to revise all areas of the company, In particular regards to corporate finance which is the area Im interviewed in. How in depth do you need to be for the case study? I have been reading up on transaction advisory, restructuring, also the area of audit and tax to suggest suitable sevices.

Im also unsure about suggesting potential problems, say if a company wanted to sell a subsidary, or make an aquisition. Any help, on assements centers would be very helpfull. And especially how to conduct yourself, in group activitys ? I want the job at EY more than the other four so I have got to get this assesment center right. Thank you Kieran[/QUOTE]

hi man

Very nice to see you post and I am interested in the AC in EY as well, would you explain me a little bit about the processes of the report writing and case study please, cuz I have never experienced before.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks

Bill