EY ACCA TRAINEE 2010 reading

EY
ACCA

Dear:Everyone.

Anyone applied for EY ACCA TRAINEE before or in the process of application could you kindly offer me some advices about the interview process? Is like the other graduate programmes started with online test,phone,interview and AC cause i noticed the academic requriements for this role is only 2.2

Any advices would be really appreciated.

Million thanks in advance.

NO.ONE? PLEASE PLEASE. ANYTHING WOULD BE GREAT

Hey,

I’m not sure about E+Y, but when I applied for the ACCA route for KPMG, the interview process is exactly the same as the ACA or in your case I think the ICAS route, just that when they ask you about the qualification you are studying for, you need to know the specifics of the ACCA. Shouldn’t be any other difference my friend, sorry I can’t add anymore but E+Y are the only Big 4 firm I haven’t gone through the process with

The Untouchable One

hi ggd333 I have applied for the acca trainee and have completed the online test and have my interview next week from what I have read it will be a strength based interview, there was just an online test but no phone interview, the online test was pretty much exacly like was described in previus threads, plus where abouts in the uk are you applying to, hope this helps

Hey Jav86, I hope your interview goes well and you get the job. My friend and I have applied to a different roles on E&Y “experienced hire” site (where this ACCA trainee role is also advertised, I applied for a “tax” role and my friend an “oil industry” role for their London office) and I was wondering when did you send off your application and when did you get a reply?

Also are you currently working, and if so did they ask you what your notice period would be?

Regards

TazzyBalboa.

@TazzyBalboa
thanks alot mate I hope yours goes well as well I think I have applied through the experienced site but not 100% sure because it was almost three months ago when I applied for the audit acca trainee role and only got a reply about three weeks ago and for thre past three and half months I have been working voluntarily in an independent accounts firm as an assisitant accountanct while studying for my acca. I started studying for my acca about six months ago but missed the january deadline to sign so could not sit y exams in june but going to sit my first set of exams in december F6 taxation & F5 performance managment, I managed to get exemptions for four exams F1, F2, F3 & F9 so got ten exams left to sit aiming to finish them by december 2011 but that may change if get this job. Doing the voluntarily work experience because my degree is in maths statistics & finance and part of acca is not just the exams but yu need to complete three years work experience in accountants & finance environment.
quick question do you remember what the minimum requirements for this job are

Cheers mate.

My mate called them the other week, apparently they got loads of CV for so many different roles, so they are still filtering them all out, so well done in getting an interview. I’ve finished the first three papers (F1-F3) of the ACCA, hope to do three more this winter (might do four as my contract at work is coming to an end in Sept).

Here are the requirements (taken from the site):

* Develop an effective working relationship with client staff.
* Seek opportunities to expand and share knowledge.
* Keep direct supervisor up to date with progress/issues.
* Be proactive about own learning and development.
* Seek feedback on personal performance and areas for improvement.
* Basic understanding of what an audit is, or some previous audit experience.
* Task management skills.
* Questioning and listening skills.
* Good writing skills.
* IT skills.
* Strong communicating skills.
* Team working skills.
* GCSE: 6 grade C's or above, including English Language & Maths.
* A levels : 220 UCAS points
* Degree 2.2 or above, or at least 18 months previous work experience in a professional role.

Dear:JAV86

Thank you so much for your reply really really appreciate.
like you said i applied this acca trainee role like 3 weeks ago and got no reply so far. Do you think shoud i call them or just wait ?
How do you think about the on line test? was it SHL style or PSL style?

I checked the ACCA trainee requirement and it did not mention any requirements for the working experience?( or did i miss sth?)

I finished all the acca exams by June 2010 and if anything i can help please do let me know.

Thank you very much for you guys help and looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks a million.

GGD333

@ggd333 dont know mate it too them three months to get back to me, the online test had three pasrts one was numerical, the next part was shapes and stuff, sorry cant remember the third part. Regarding the work experience its not a requirement but for becoming chartered it is so that why I am doing it. just out of curioity what course did you do at university I only got four exemption

JAV86,i was doing accounting and finance at Under. I got 7 exemptions, it took me one and half year to finish the rest of them. You did get the job didn’t you ? congrates. Had no idea when i could hear from them. figure cross.

Thanks Jav86.

* Good writing skills.
* IT skills.
* Team working skills.
* Degree 2.2 or above, or at least 18 months previous work experience in a professional role.

* Good writing skills.
* IT skills.
* Team working skills.

* Good writing skills.
* IT skills.
* Team working skills.