Despite that I thought I would share my interview experience.
Very chilled bloke not from a business line, not even HR I don’t think. Pretty sure the interview was done by a recruitment agency, specially given it was on a Sat. The first telephone interview does NOT cover a single question related to either the business line you have applied nor the company nor commercial awareness. Its all about your competencies and your own experiences.
I can not remember everything…this is what I got:
- To evaluate analytical ability. How did you go about choosing a career in Finance?
- Academic work…How do you cope with the pressure?
- An example of when you had to deal with a team member’s poor performance? What steps you took to improve their performance?
- An example of when you chose no to take action despite mounting pressure? Why did you not take action and how you dealt with the situation?
- An example of when your ideas differed from the group’s ideas? How did you approach that?
I think there was one more, but I forgot.
Best of luck to you all next year as this year’s intake is already closed ;-(