Hi everyone! We are [http://www.wikijob.co.uk/profiles/escp-eap-european-school-of-management ESCP Europe Business School] and have just joined the forum. Our dedicated careers service assists students with their search for a professional internship, a compulsory part of their postgraduate studies at ESCP Europe. We thought we would share our advice on surviving an interview – hope you all find it useful!
It’s no a secret that no matter how great your career record is to date, the employment interview remains an important step towards fulfillment of your ambitions. Here are some negative factors to watch out for. Remember, your potential employer will be evaluating these alongside positive attributes:
- Obvious ones: poor personal appearance, lack of preparation for interview or condemnation of your past employer
- Limp handshakes are bad, but also avoid overbearing and aggressive ones as they suggest a superiority complex!
- Lack of confidence/maturity/courtesy and failure to look interviewer in the eye
- Lack of planning for career – no purpose or goals
- Lack of interest and enthusiasm for the company or role
- Over-emphasis on money and persistent attitude of ‘what can you do for me’?
Remember, you are being interviewed because they want to hire someone like you, so remain confident and know why you want the job without having a ‘know-it-all’ manner.
Please let us know what you think or if you would like any further advice. We’d love to hear your personal tips, too!
[http://www.wikijob.co.uk/profiles/escp-eap-european-school-of-management ESCP Europe Business School]