Ernst and Young Assessment Centre- Assurance

Hi guys,

Although not quite a graduate entry position (I qualifierd in small firm) I have been selected for the round 2 of the interview process for a financial services conversion programme for the coming Thursday. Basically for the first stage I had an hours telephone interview with the Senior Auditor and went through the basic competency questions focussing on problem solving, dealing with difficult clients and difficult technical issues and customer focus. I was notfiied the next day that I was selected for the AC. I
E&Y have provided a brief of what to expect on the day. I am trying to interpret this desperately as I am unsure what exactly will be involved. The day is supposed to be in 2 parts. Part 1 being a 'Technical and Development interview" where assessment on skills will be made against competencies and assessing self awareness and commitment followed by group excrcise. If successful then we will go onto part2 which is the partner interview. Decisions will be conveyed on the day! There is plenty of guidance on the group exercise but anybody have any ideas what the first part is talking about? Did anybody have this as a brief??? What does this involve??

Any help will be great!

Ta

Hi Badrinas how are you?

I have an interview coming up soon. I was just wondering what types of questions came up in your interview? What kind of stuff related to customer focus and technical issues came up?

I would really appreciate any help you could give.

Have you had your Assessment Centre? If so, how was it?

If you haven’t, Good Luck! Hope it goes well.

Hi guys I just wanted to share my Ernst and young testing centre experience with you all.

This is recent and took place in May 2012

The day began with a short introduction about the company, when it was founded, by who and what growth opportunites were present in the firm.

Next we were given an English test on the laptop lasting about 45 mins. It consisted of a grammar part, listening skills, fill in the blanks, where a passage was given and we had to answer mcqs that followd. There were about 20 other candidates. The test shouldn’t be too hard as it is similar to the ones online.

After this we had a break for 5 mins and are then taken for a group case study. In the case study everyone is split into groups of 5 people, paired up with random people, (however you would know who you are paired up with if you see the list that is put up on the wall with all the names, and also who your invilgilators would be). For us we were given two topics: 1) what are the causes of the global credit crisis and what are the impacts? 2) Should businessmen run the ministry of finance?why?
We were given 15 mins to discuss each of the topics with our group mates and then had to present our ideas to the invigilators for 5 mins. (I personally found the discussion a little awkard, esp. when the invigilators are taking down notes, but it’s a great way of knowing how candidates behave within a team.)

Next stage was the interview, which lasts approx 30 mins. I was interviewd by 2 people. Typical questions include: What was your most demanding goal? do you like presenting? what are the challenges? what do you expect from us? have u ever worked with someone u didnt like and how did you deal with it? do you have any questions for us? The interviewers were great, freindly and had a smile on their face to keep us calm :stuck_out_tongue:

It ended with a free lunch of sandwiches, fries, donuts and cupcakes , and ofcourse each of us got a nice little goody bag with a yellow smiley stress ball, and free pen :stuck_out_tongue:
Overll great experience even if i Dont get through would be something id remember for a long time :slight_smile:

Hi guys I just wanted to share my Ernst and young testing centre experience with you all.

This is recent and took place in May 2012

The day began with a short introduction about the company, when it was founded, by who and what growth opportunites were present in the firm.

Next we were given an English test on the laptop lasting about 45 mins. It consisted of a grammar part, listening skills, fill in the blanks, where a passage was given and we had to answer mcqs that followd. There were about 20 other candidates. The test shouldn’t be too hard as it is similar to the ones online.

After this we had a break for 5 mins and are then taken for a group case study. In the case study everyone is split into groups of 5 people, paired up with random people, (however you would know who you are paired up with if you see the list that is put up on the wall with all the names, and also who your invilgilators would be). For us we were given two topics: 1) what are the causes of the global credit crisis and what are the impacts? 2) Should businessmen run the ministry of finance?why?
We were given 15 mins to discuss each of the topics with our group mates and then had to present our ideas to the invigilators for 5 mins. (I personally found the discussion a little awkard, esp. when the invigilators are taking down notes, but it’s a great way of knowing how candidates behave within a team.)

Next stage was the interview, which lasts approx 30 mins. I was interviewd by 2 people. Typical questions include: What was your most demanding goal? do you like presenting? what are the challenges? what do you expect from us? have u ever worked with someone u didnt like and how did you deal with it? do you have any questions for us? The interviewers were great, freindly and had a smile on their face to keep us calm :stuck_out_tongue:

It ended with a free lunch of sandwiches, fries, donuts and cupcakes , and ofcourse each of us got a nice little goody bag with a yellow smiley stress ball, and free pen :stuck_out_tongue:
Overll great experience even if i Dont get through would be something id remember for a long time :slight_smile: