E&Y assessment day

hi
can anyone please advise on E&Y assessment day for Business advisory job. they will have a GD, competency interview and presentation. does anyone have details. thanks a lot in advance. cheers.

[QUOTE=aussie101;566]hi
can anyone please advise on E&Y assessment day for Business advisory job. they will have a GD, competency interview and presentation. does anyone have details. thanks a lot in advance. cheers.[/QUOTE]

I’m in the same situation as you aussie101. any info that anybody could give would be great! i applied to do Business advisory. does anyone have details on the AC day? thanks!

Hi,
I had Audit assessment day few wks ago.
GD: you will be given a case study. you have time to read and make notes (about 10-30 mins) after that ppl come in and change your pen (blue to red) so you can write down the group thoughts and final strategy you came up with.
I didn’t have presentation, had written ex instead. but again, it should be about the case study.

hope it want too late…

Hi guys,

I get an AC with EY at the end of this month. I applied for the business risk service. Is the case study the same for all the lines?

How to write the report? Will the answers mentioned in the information? We just pick it up. Or do we need to use our own knowledge to add extra?

Thanks millions:D

Hi kobby I’ve got BRS AC coming up as well. Which office you applied?
I was told the case study would be the same for all service lines.

Hi,

I applied for the birmingham office. I just attended my ac yesterday.

the case study is the same. it is about a hotel is going to divest its pub arm.
you need to talk about:

advantages and disadvantages
what service ey can provide re the divestment deal?
what other information need to be considered before and after the deal?

GD is based the report.

My partner interview was quite weird. He did not ask any competence questions. He focused on career motivations:

what do you know about ey?
what do you know about business risk service? why do you want to join in BRS?
Some random questions about my answers. Really can not predict and prepare.

Then i felt free to ask any questions.

it is about one hour.

It is better to review your online applicaiton form very carefully. The interview may ask anyting he was interested or unclear.

then be confident, smile and close eye contact.

You will be fine.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with yours;)

I had a assessment center with EY yesterday and I unthortunately didnt get in. My majour failure was the case study and group exercise. The case study, which is the same for all EY assessment days is based on a United Hotels takeover of Premier Hotels Group and the Stewarts pub company. United hotels is considering selling Stewarts pub company but their are many implications to consider, such as the Stewarts brand has been incoporated into Premier Hotels increasing Premier Hotels customers, arguments with management and a flotation of United Hotels. You will have to discuss the main issues and sugest suitable services Ey could provide. My advice is: -

PLAN effectively, there is alot of information to go through in the time, also hand in your plan regardless as it shows organisation and time management skills. I would sugest with times you have allocated for the task areas

Write CLEARLY, this means neatly as well as setting your answers out in a structured way. I suggest bullet points, and make sure you are straight to the point.

The group exercise, is based on the same task concentrating on the advantages and diadvantages of the hotel divesture. Follow the advice for all the group activities given on this sight, its my advice is to get to the whiteboard early because then you are control and always involved, without fighting to brak into the discussion.