DMG Media Graduate Programme

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had applied to DMG Media grad scheme this year? I have applied and passed the telephone interview. I am waiting for a call to book face to face interview. If anyone had gone through that, I would appreciate it if I could get any useful tips :slight_smile:

Thanks guys

i have a face to face interview booked for the 17th, any tips would be useful! have you booked yours yet @nin77

Hi pat.52!!!

So glad to see someone whos in the same boat! :slight_smile:
Yea, mine is booked for the 18th…the mail contained only interview based on competency questions and case study assessment. I have no idea what the case study assessment means here, but I have mailed to the recruitment team requesting more details…hope its not as intimidating as i feel :slight_smile:

Anyways, looks like yours is before mine, Good luck and ace it! If I get any more details, i will post it here and I hope you share your experiences too…
Good Luck again

I can’t find anything on the net about previous applicants! So strange. And I’m planning to call the HR department too to get some more info. The lady that did my telephone interview was so lovely and helpful! So I don’t think it will be too scary. Fingers crossed. Ill post after my interview for sure, try to give u some tips. Good luck!

Hi pat.52,

further to email, I received an reply from the recruitment team saying that there is no need to prepare for the case study as " it is a controlled assessment". If you have checked their twitter updates from last year, they have posted that there is no right or wrong answer, just they need to assess our logical thinking skills…
I know this infor doesn’t help much, but i am letting you know this is what they replied to me… Anyway I think the interview will be quite smooth. Good luck to you :slight_smile:

Haahaa I hope so! what competencies do you think they will test on? And what area do you want to work in?

I am going for the sales/finance scheme. I think they will ask for the basic competency such as leadership, teambuilding, best idea, etc. I am looking out for question especially related to entrepreneurship. Also, i think it would be ideal to check about questions like
what do you expect from this programme?
career aspirations?
Why digital and print media?
I was asked this question on telephone interview- What makes dmg media stand out from its competitors?- I am expecting this question to come again…
you know the bemyinterviewer part of Jobsite? there are some interesting questions in that section…if you wana go further :slight_smile:
There is nothing to prepare as far as the company is concerned, so i am looking out for surprise questions…
What about you, which area are you going for?

I think other candidates haven’t seen this forum discussion…I have not idea how many candidates are being interviewed!! :-/

no*

I have a question in my phone interview about entrepreneurship aswell but not about competitors. in terms of competitors, for individual brands with DMG the competitors are obvious but for the whole group?? Are there any similar media companies?
Im also applying for a finance/management role. However i think i would find it hard to answer a question like what do you think yo can gain from the programme bcoz there isn’t a specific structure or job description! ill definitely take a look at the job site page! thanks

I have a question in my phone interview about entrepreneurship aswell but not about competitors. in terms of competitors, for individual brands with DMG the competitors are obvious but for the whole group?? Are there any similar media companies?
Im also applying for a finance/management role. However i think i would find it hard to answer a question like what do you think yo can gain from the programme bcoz there isn’t a specific structure or job description! ill definitely take a look at the job site page! thanks

They didn’t ask me to mention particular competitive brands, but asked what sets dmg apart from its competitors. They are just asking what I think is unique about dmg media that would help them get to the top… I went on babbling about its global expansion and something else, which I don’t remember now :stuck_out_tongue: to be honest, i cannot think of a SIMILAR media company, as all media companies are so different!..
About you second question as to what we can gain from the programme, I was asked this in my interview and another question, which was " how do you aim to develop at dmg media?"
Yea, I know they didn’t even give proper description about the role anywhere!!..I mainly talked about sales and revenue generation…
To help me understand the job more, I tried to look for the prospects page of dmg media, but couldn’t find it :frowning:

Hey guys,
I only found this forum today, I have my face to face interview tomorrow, but unfortunately I don’t live in the UK so I am doing it via Skype. Iv done case studies and things similar before but never in an interview situation. those of you who have done it already, how was it?
Best of luck to you all

Hi RiRa!,

Sorry, i got chance only now to check your post. I think i am too late to reply to your post. I am sure you might have done well as you are familiar with tricky case studies :slight_smile:
It was ok for me as I couldn’t figure out whether it went one way or the other. Just like any other interview, it was based on lot of competency questions and they really dig you for more of your experiences! oh well :slight_smile:
Hope it went well for you… Cheers xx