Deutsche Bank First Round Interview

Deutsche Bank

Hello,

I have my first ever banking/internship interview for S&T with Deutsche Bank next week.

They say it is a 30-45 minute competency based interview with “1-2 representatives from your chosen division”

Has anyone got any experience on this? What to prepare for, etc. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No numerical at Deutsche Bank? or case study?

know ur basic finance stuff… and competency is pretty straightforward… research the forum, u’ll get an idea… good luck

What are DB’s numerical tests based on? SHL? Applied to wealth management btw

Just did the Deutsche Bank numerical tests, and they were the hardest I have ever done (and I have never failed online numerical tests) so make sure you practice up. I have applied to wealth management too… was suprised when I gto invited to do the tests today because I was under the impression that they had filled the stream…

thanks for the reply. Did you practice with SHL? Also do you know if they pre-screen the apps? I hear different things - some say they don’t some say they do

shit… i interned there… haha… BORING

yes, they pre-screen apps… their tests are SHL… amongst all the tests , SHL is the hardest and generally their not that hard… u must have gotten an unlucky draw…Good luck though.

I dont know if they prescreen apps sorry… I doubt they do but people seem to think that they do! Lets hope they do and hence we have done something correct. I have done so many numerical tests that I dont practice anymore… the same questions come up over and over again! I hadnt seen these ones before though so my mistake. Keep me informed how they go for you and if you hear anything from them… I will do the same. Best of luck

thanks guys, good luck to you too :slight_smile:

for those who got positive answers from DB in november, inviting you to pursue the selection process, when did you send your application? when did you complete your online assessment?

anyone apply for a technology role and done the first round interview?

I have mine on 7th December.

Dragonkiller … possible for you to share your experience?

I applied in the end of October and got an invite within 4 days.

anybody who applied for full-time analyst pos already heard back?

submitted my test, doubt i’ll get through now, only managed to get a few practice ones in and I found the test about 400 times harder than any practice test, was not ready for it at all. Not really had experience with these tests before. Oh well…

Ahh thats harsh. I do personally feel that Deutsche Bank , Citigroup and BOAML come with the hardest tests.

Good luck with other applications though

URGENT HELP/ADVISE

I have an offer from another bank and was wondering if I could speak to HR regarding shifting me to an earlier date.
I have a strict deadline to sign the other contract. However, I do not wanna miss out on Deutsche Bank either.

hi,

i completed the online tests for Deutsche Bank on Wed 17th Nov, they went alright. Anyone any insight as to when I would expect word back? I applied to the markets division, thanks

Hi guys,

I am now under a weird situation so hope you can give me some advices.
The thing is I sent my application on the beginning of November and I got a letter on 16th November as the follows:

"I am delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. We would like to invite you to complete a numerical reasoning test on-line, which you can access using this email. Please can you sit the test by cob Friday 19th November if you would like to be considered for interviews on the 29th of November. "

So I finished my numerical test on 18th November and sbmitted,however, I haven’t got any reply so far since then. I found out the telephone number of the IT department and called them 4 days ago to ask if they got my numerical test answers, the guy who answered my phone confirmed that and said my numerical test result was very good. So I’m now very confused why didn’t they give me any further upate after the test since the interview will be on 29th.

Dose any one have any idea about this or if any one have the phone number of the recruitment team I will be very appreciate.

Hi guys,

The thing is I sent my application (full time graduate program) on the beginning of November and I got  a letter on 16th November which was written as the following:

"I am delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. We would like to invite you to complete a numerical reasoning test on-line, which you can access using this email. Please can you sit the test by cob Friday 19th November if you would like to be considered for interviews on the 29th of November."

Then I finished my numerical test on 18th November and submitted it. However, I didn't hear anything sincen then. I found the telephone number of the IT department and I called then 4 days ago to ask ifI submitted my test successfully, the guy who answered my phone confirmed it and said my numerical test result was very good. So I am now very confused  about  why they didn't contact me any more since the interview will be on 29th November.

Dose any one have any idea about this or if any one have the telephone number of the recruitment team I will be very appreciate. Thanks.