Deloitte Telephone Interview?

how was the test? did you tried any practice test apart from deloitte for yourself to familiarize with numerical tests ?
btw, r u 2010 passout?

The tests ok… …Not too bad… They’re the SHL ones and there are a few examples on the net…
I’m 2011 entry btw

Hey everyone,
I wanted to thank everyone that posted information about the telephone interview on here it was really helpful!
Here’s the questions they asked me

Tell me a time you had to deliver a difficult message. How did the person handle it?
Why Deloitte?
Tell me what 4 services they provide.
Can you name some clients.
What do you think you will be doing in your first year.

And they asked if I had any questions:)

Good luck to everyone who has one coming up!

I just had a pre screen interview. All i was asked was

why deloitte?

why your line of service?

Both the questions from the application. It lasted about 7 minutes and i was told i had passed in a day later

I had my pre-screen telephone interview yesterday evening at 7:15pm.

I was also only asked 2 questions…

Why have I chosen to apply to Deloitte?

What will I be doing in my chosen service line (Audit)?

The interviewer was very personable, and explained before the interview started what I would be assessed on (career motivation/knowledge of service line etc), and that she wanted me to expand on the answers given in my application.

Don’t know if I did too well though… I had prepared myself using this forum for the questions “What will I be doing in my first year?” and “Why audit?”, so I used a combination of these to answer the second question the interviewer asked, but I found myself blabbering a bit! She said I’d find out within three working days, so hopefully won’t be too long (hopefully today!!!).

Fingers crossed! And thanks to all the members input on this forum… this site is a great help for preparing for these important jobs.

I have pre - screen interview coming soon and have a question about what to answer to the following question?

Tell me about the professional qualification of your choice? I think I should talk about ACA as I applied for audit. Will that be a right reply?

Thanks so much for all these posts on the forum! They are really very helpful!!!

Today I had my telephone interview with Deloitte after successfully passing online numerical and verbal tests.

Inverviewer asked just 2 quesitons:

1. Why Deloitte?
  2. What will you be doing in your first year?

My interview laster 13 minutes. And she said she would contact me about an outcome within 3 days. I am very worried, can’t wait!

Good luck guys!

Going to do my telephone interview today. Excited!

Got asked two questions:

1. Why Deloitte?
  2. What will you be doing in your first year?
    The interviewer is very nice, spoke slowly and clearly.

@rainbow22

Glad to hear everything went smoothly!

Did she/he tell you about the outcome period? My interview was on Oct. 1st in the morning still heard nothing. Very impatient! The interviewer said results will be ready within 3 days. Very worried coz 72 hours already passed!

How long did your interview last? and do you have to take online tests or already done?

hi! I got an email this afternoon saying I passed the interview. I was told the results will be out in 3 days, but it came through a lot faster.
My interview was about 12 minutes. i’ve done both online test before the interview.
Good luck! Hope you hear from them soon!

Thank you rainbow22! I got the message that I passed couple of hours ago! Yahoooo so glad!

Good Luck for you too!

P.S. DId they tell you about anything about details of the next stage?

I have my interview on Friday for actuary in London. Very excited, since they have fewer questions I assume they’re looking for more indepth answers?

hey guys,

from previous these posts, I assumed in my telephone interview that they’ve probably shortened the interview to only two Qs from sept 2010, and it proved right for me!, had my telephone interview this morning, was asked…

Why Deloitte?
What will you being doing day-to-day in your graduate scheme?
(lasted around 12-13 mins)

Luckily I received an email saying Ive past around 20 mins later. Posts on here have been very helpful, thank you all and good luck !!

My answers were about 2 and half minute each. I think they just want to test whether you speak clearly and confidently on the phone, and have done reasonable amount of research on the company and service line.
If you give shorter answers, they might ask a few more questions I guess.

Good luck!

Just finished my telephone interview… was relatively straight forward. She explained the format which she said would be 2 questions. She was really friendly and tried to make it as pleasant an experience as possible, so rest assured that she will put you at ease when you speak to her.

My 2 questions:

Why Deloitte?

What do you think you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis in your chosen service line, and can you try to be as specific as possible?

Overall, the question/answer part of the interview lasted about 9 minutes, followed by her giving me some time to ask her questions.

From these forums, it would seem that these are the standard questions they ask for this year’s recruitment so prepare these primarily and then perhaps have a general overview of other possible questions in case they do pop up.

Good luck everyone

I had the Deloitte telephone interview the other day for 2011 consulting position.

I didn’t make it through this stage which was pretty annoying as I know that I can do the job and perform well in an interview or group exercise etc and I passed the online tests. It was also pretty crap as they only asked two questions and I covered every single area required in the email beforehand yet somehow I’m not good enough.

They provide no feedback at all and Deloitte are not even involved as the telephone interviewer let slip that they didn’t know which company I was applying to when I asked I question at the end about networking within and between Deloitte’s service lines.

I can’t believe I am not good enough to get through given my experience so I ignored them and emailed them asking for feedback.

I had the Deloitte telephone interview the other day for 2011 consulting position.

I didn’t make it through this stage which was pretty annoying as I know that I can do the job and perform well in an interview or group exercise etc and I passed the online tests. It was also pretty crap as they only asked two questions and I covered every single area required in the email beforehand yet somehow I’m not good enough.

They provide no feedback at all and Deloitte are not even involved as the telephone interviewer let slip that they didn’t know which company I was applying to when I asked I question at the end about networking within and between Deloitte’s service lines.

I can’t believe I am not good enough to get through given my experience so I ignored them and emailed them asking for feedback.

Hey guys
Literally just had my telephone interview for 2011 consulting, London

It was 10 minutes from start to finish, which is pretty short
Questions:

1. Why Deloitte?
  2. What will you be doing on a day to day basis in your service line (consulting)?

She was really friendly, and although she had an accent, I understood everything that she said.
Not sure how it went, but as far as I could tell, my answers were satisfactory.
Said, she would get back to me in up to 3 working days, which is irritating, cos its friday.

Tips: Make sure you ask how your interviewer is at the start, and things like that, because she seemed to appreciate that (from her little laugh)
And I get nervous, so in front of me, I had paper that said “Breathe and slow down”.
This is because she is typing exactly what you say, and you want her to get all the good bits down.

Good luck!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your advice, I would like to know if any of you are applying for Enterprise Applications. If so could you give me some advice on how to answer “What will you be doing on a day to day basis in your service line” question