Deloitte Telephone Interview?

Good luck. Which service line did you apply for?

Audit in London

I heard back and got through the telephone interview ok … even though I genuinely thought I rambled a bit. At one point I had to ask the lady to repeat her original question as I just went off on a tangent! But, as has previously been mentioned, I’m fairly sure the introduction of the telephone interview (which Deloitte didn’t do a couple of years ago) is really to cut their losses and, essentially, just make sure that people apply for the job have at least a half-decent understand of their job role and also just making sure they have a decent level of communication skills too!

Onto the online tests…

Audit in London

I heard back and got through the telephone interview ok … even though I genuinely thought I rambled a bit. At one point I had to ask the lady to repeat her original question as I just went off on a tangent! But, as has previously been mentioned, I’m fairly sure the introduction of the telephone interview (which Deloitte didn’t do a couple of years ago) is really to cut their losses and, essentially, just make sure that people apply for the job have at least a half-decent understand of their job role and also just making sure they have a decent level of communication skills too!

Onto the online tests…

My telephone interview is tomorrow and I’m nervous but have read up and written down answers for all the Q’s raised in this thread so hopefully I’ll pass it! Fingers crossed, I’ll report back with the Q’s they asked me once it’s finished, wish me luck!

I’ve passed my telephone interview! Through to the numerical stage now! My Q’s were as above and still the same

Time I had to deliver a difficult message
Understanding of Professional services
Why Deloitte
What I’ll be doing in my 1st year
Describe the qualification of your choice…
Why audit

Call lasted around 10 minutes, interviewer was brilliant but told me to slow down a couple of times as she was struggling to keep up the pace typing… so be mindful of that, I was worried that would count against me, I was nervous and was brain dumping what I know. However I’ve made it to the next stage, 3 days to do numerical testing, fingers crossed now! If any of you need any more help, just hollah! Thank youWikiJobs thus far!

Good man! (or woman!) it isn’t nearly as bad as you would think … basically just making sure you have half-decent communication skills and a basic understanding of the role. The numerical tests weren’t that difficult (certainly not compared with BDOs that i completely flopped on!) but you should be ok fingers crossed!!

I had an interview at around 5pm today, and still haven’t got a reply, should I be worrried already?

Thanks dido (I’m a bloke btw :wink: ). I was able to properly prep for it cheers to this thread. I’ve been practicing the tests on SHL and the University of Kent website and plan to tackle the test on Friday. I hopefully should be ok for that, it’s if I make the interviews that I’ll start to worry big time as my competency examples aren’t the strongest! Have you got far with the recruitment process at Deloitte dido (or any other of the big 4?)

makeithappen, I had my interview on Monday afternoon and only found out today. I wouldn’t worry about it, just give it till the weekend!

Keep safe

untouchable, you find out pretty much straight away if you pass the numerical tests and then are told about the verbal reasoning test (basically if you pass the numerical then you’ve basically done the hard part). I’ve got a first round (competency) interview this coming tuesday in london; i made sure i got the earliest one available! Just gotta do a bit of reading up on here and deloitte’s website now!

Thanks so much to everyone who posted their comments. They’ve been really helpful.

I have my pre-screen telephone interview for Consulting with Deloitte next week.

1. Has anyone done one of these recently (June/July 2010), especially for Technology Integration? Are the questions any different or are they the same as those listed above ?

2. Also I thought the professional qualification for Technology Integration was ISEB and not CIMA as someone mentioned earlier. Can someone comment on this please.

3. How much time do you generally have between passing the telephone interview and doing the online numerical test.

4. And lastly are these tests still SHL based or do they use PSL?

Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

Hey joebo1

Just to let you know i get email notification of updates on this thread…i dont sit here pressing refresh!!

I cant help with consulting questions, but the tests are SHL based and for my application (audit) they emailed over the links to the tests when they informed me i’d passed the telephone interview about 2/3 days afterwards and then you have 7 days to complete the test, but they ask you to complete it in 3 days.

all the best!

Brilliant Dido. Yeah I know what you mean about the email notifications. I get them too.

Would still love to hear from anyone who has done either Deloitte Technology Integration (TI) or Enterprise Applications phone interviews, or any other interviews for these programmes for that matter. Thanks.

Just had my telephone interview with Deloitte and found out I have got through to the next stage. Here were the questions they asked me:

Why Deloitte? (support network, secondment options, international opportunities, awards they have won, their work for communities)

What will you be doing in your first year? (studying and passing ACA exams, trips to clients to perform a number of roles e.g. completing audit tests and identifying audit errors)

Name a time you had to give a difficult message?

Guys I wonder if you can help.

Had a telephone interview with Deloitte scheduled for 12.45… it’s now 13.30 and they’ve still not called. Whilst I understand that they might be 5-10mins late this is a bit OTT is it not?!

I’ve emailed the person that I’ve had correspondence with but no reply as of yet.

Any suggestions?!?!?!?!

Did you get a call in the end? If not double check your emails to make sure you got the correct time and if you have give them a call.

I never got a call at all! But when I rang them they said they’d have system problems so have my rescheduled one in an hour now!
Thanks for replying though.

Good luck clarie12345, I’m sure you’ll be fine!

Btw what position have you applied for? And is there any chance you can post your questions after the interview because I have one this afternoon?

Thanks

I’ve applied for Tax and sure thing I’ll post the questions on here after. So that’ll be about half an hour’s time… eek!

thanks that would be great, and good luck!

Btw is this for a 2011 graduate position?