Deloitte Summer Vacation Scheme Application

Hello guys!
I’m slowly making my through the Deloitte app form for the above programme and i am happy with my answers for employment history and roles of responsibility. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help with the career motivation questions.
For Please let us know why gaining work experience at Deloitte appeals to you compared with other career options? I’ve got

• Market leaders
  • Client portfolio espec in the sporting sector as that interests me being a sport science student
    I need more though, i was thinking company ethos stuff and excellent training (would that be relevant even though i wont be trained on an internship).

For Please let us know why you are particularly interested in joining the service line(s) you have specified?

• Here’s where i’m stuck! Because it’s a professional service rotation do i mention points about all three (audit, tax and risk management) even though i only want to be on audit and tax as my two out of three during the programme?
  • Also i don’t know why - because im interested in learning how business’ are run and improved via Deloitte’s services?

For Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as a Summer Vacation Scheme student?

• Again i have no idea, for a graduate place it would be training, ‘ticking’ and writing reports but for an internship i have no clue.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

OK. For the first question you are on the right lines. You should also mention that you are interested in a career in [[accountancy & professional services]]. Don’t go too much down the spoting sector route- while they might have sporting clients, it’s not a core business for them. You might also mentioned that you would like to be [[ACA]] qualified one day.

Question 2:

As it’s a rotation you don’t have to explain too much. Rather, say that you want experience of all three as it will give you the most rounded introduction to [[accountancy & professional services]], and assist you in making your final career decision. You should also consider mentioning that you are interested in a career in [[audit]] or [[tax]].

Question 3:

You should mention things like assisting with ticking, shadowing [[associate]]s, shadowing meetings with clients, assisting with general admin work such as proof reading. Because it is a rotation you do not have to go into too much detail, however, you do want to demonstrate that you understand what a career at [[Deloitte]] actually entails on a day to day basis, and that consequently you know what you are signing up for.

The following pages will probably help you:
*[[Audit & Assurance]]
*[[Tax]]
*[[Accountancy & Professional Services]]
*[[Career motivation]]

I’m having the same problem actually. Currently filling out my application for the SVS but am confused as to how I should approach q’s 2 and 3, as I’m also applying for the rotation scheme. Should I write about Audit in one half of my answer and Tax in the next half? The worst thing is that we only have 100 words to play with!