Please let us know why a career at Deloitte appeals to you compared with other career options? (max 100 words in bullet point format).
· Deloitte offer the opportunity for career progression, demonstrated by their recent ranking as the number one tax practice three years in a row by the International Tax Review.
· Deloitte have an extensive range of tax expertise, using their knowledge and expertise to find an effective business solution for their clients.
· Deloitte have excellent training, supplemented by a great support network.
· The modern business world requires great communication and teamwork, two areas Deloitte are renowned for, building these skills by encouraging diversity and strong community spirit.
· For these reasons I believe I would flourish at Deloitte.
Please let us know why you are particularly interested in joining the service line you have specified? (max 100 words in bullet point format).
· Tax is varied and challenging, requiring application of both quantitative and qualitative skills.
· Tax offers great career potential, able to become a tax advisor or manager in after qualification.
· Tax enables application of communications skills as complicated tax compliance matters needs to be communicated in simplified terms to clients.
· Tax is technical, requiring great attention to detail whilst helping clients.
· Tax and the law are intertwined, a knowledge of the latter essential for effective advice on the former. It is this relationship alongside the technical complexity of tax which attracts me to this role.
Please let us know what you think you will be doing on a day to day basis as a graduate in your first choice service line including any commitments required for professional qualifications (if applicable)(max 100 words in bullet point format).
· In order to qualify I will need sit the ICAEW ACA or equivalent accounting qualification and am likely to complete the tax module early on.
· Thus, I will spend a substantial amount of time training and studying for these exams.
· The work I will be carrying out is likely to be:
o checking and documenting tax returns;
o running tax models and scenarios; and
o general admin work, such as proof reading and writing reports and letters.
· Much of this work will be office based thus enabling work to be supervised and me to be supported.
Please give brief details, in bullet point format, of the positions you have outlined, including dates & key responsibilities (maximum 200 words in total).
This is individual so my answers would be pointless. However, I divided mine into catergories, eg uni, community, etc and only listed them in bullet point form.