Deloitte - Pre-Screen Tel Interview Guide

Hi Guys,

I recently passed a pre-screen telephone interview for Deloitte and thought it best to post it on here to help others, since the tips I read to prepare were invaluable :slight_smile: My chosen service line is Human Capital Consulting, although I believe the tel int format is the same/similar for other service lines.

Should add beforehand that although the interviewer was lovely, his accent (perhaps Spanish??) was difficult to understand and I had to ask him to repeat his qs a couple of times. So here goes:

1). Tel interview is between 15-20mins, however, because I anticipated the qs and answered clearly and concisely, my int was finished in 12mins.
2). Qs are as follows:

• What do you think you will be doing in your first year at Deloitte? (mention specific work, deep involvement in projects, professional qualification study, client facing, significant responsibility, working closely with a professional etc.)
  • Why have you applied to Deloitte? (elaborate on the answer you supplied in your app form eg. global career, its reputation, its recent work and acquisitions etc.)
  • Tell me about the work of professional services firms (very easy question, I don’t think I need to tell you! Although be sure to mention that professional services can be legal, consulting, accounting, tax etcc.,…)
  • Tell me more about your service line (info is on website)
  • Competency -based q: Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deliver a difficult message?

3). He will ask you if you have any qs for him. Use this opp to ask something you’re genuinely confused about eg. I wanted confirmation on when I’d be required to do the psychometric tests.

4). Deloitte got back to me 1 hour later confirming I’d passed. Very efficient :slight_smile:

Hope this helps guys. I am awaiting a date for my first office interview.

Take Care xxx

Congratulations on passing, ive got mine tomorrow so this has been really helpful! when did they say you’d have to do the psychometric tests?

Thank you angeldelight!

I had 2-3 days to complete the psychometric tests, presumably because positions are filling up. I took 4 days to finish the tests, hence there is a good chance that I may know only be eligible for a 2011 position!

I see that as a good sign though; at least I’d be at the top of the pecking order.

Best of luck!

You might still be ok for 2010 - they are still recuruiting according to the website :slight_smile: just on more quick question, what do you mean by deloittes recent work and acquisitions (under the why you want to work for deloitte section) ?

hi thanks for that. I have my pre-screening interview tomorow but I was required to give aptitude tests before my pre-screening interview which were emailed to me right away after submitting my application.

I am a international applicant may be that is the difference.

heya…guys just had my pre screen telephone interview…lasted about 7 mins…just the 3 questions

1. why deloitte?
  2. what will you be doing in your first year?
    3)tell me something you have learnt about deloitte from your research?

thanks for the help guys…

hello hassan , please tell me about the questions u were asked, i am very keen to find out as i have my interiview soon thanks

hi they were exactly same as above post says. why deloite? wat ul b doing in ur first year? and tell me more about deloite?

hi, just thought i’d come on and let everyone know the interview questions i had for my deloitte telephone interview a few days ago

it was a really short interview - only about 4mins in total and just three questions. the person interviewing me did have quite a strong accent and spoke quickly but because i had anticipated the questions this wasn’t too much of a problem

The questions were:

Why would you like to work for deloitte?
What do you think you’ll be doing in your first year?
What do you think you will enjoy the most?

Pretty simple but i have no idea how i did, fingers crossed! it felt pretty rushed, i get the feeling they have a lot to get through, i was telephoned absolutely on the dot of my interview time so be prepared for that!

good luck everyone

The guide is incredibly accurate!!!

Thank you very very much for this guys.I was asked the first two questions, and I was accepted straight away! First time I saw these questions I couldn’t answer them, but with your help I prepared good answers.

I would be eternally indebted, if you could post what they ask you at next stage. Good Luck!! Thanks again!

I agree with Catherine

hi guys…

i hv my apti test..followed by phone intervw..on tmrw evening for Deloitte ..will u pls provide me the tips for passing the apti test..(both numerical & verbal)and will u pls ans me the question in detail 

What do you think you’ll be doing in your first year?
What do you think you will enjoy the most?

pls rly soon…waiting for ur ply guys…

Thanks for all the help everyone. This post was very useful! has anyone been allocated a date and time for the next interview?

Did any of you guys receive a survey to be filled out after the pre-screen interview? I’m an international applicant and I had my telephone interview this morning…thought I did ok but I still haven’t heard back from them.In the meantime they sent me a survey to be filled out regarding their selection process(ease of use of the system etc.). Slightly worried as the lady said that I should expect to hear back in 3 days’ time but going by other posters on forums it does not take that long?

you usually get told within an hour or so - maybe ring them up?

I can’t believe i failed this, i only got asked two questions and they were easy, so disappointed.

Hi Guy,

Just done one…still waiting for result…( no sure i think i might done it badly) I got asked for 3 questions :

Why Deloitte

Why Tax

What you enjoy most…

I gave a really short and rough answer for the last one as i didnt really expect that…well…fingers crossed.

Hi Guys,

Just done one…still waiting for result…( no sure i think i might done it badly) I got asked for 3 questions :

Why Deloitte

Why Tax

What you enjoy most…

I gave a really short and rough answer for the last one as i didnt really expect that…well…fingers crossed.

Hi all,

just got the message that I passed!!!

Thanks for all the supports!

Well update more for the next stage.

Good luck 1