I recently passed a pre-screen telephone interview for Deloitte and thought it best to post it on here to help others, since the tips I read to prepare were invaluable My chosen service line is Human Capital Consulting, although I believe the tel int format is the same/similar for other service lines.
Should add beforehand that although the interviewer was lovely, his accent (perhaps Spanish??) was difficult to understand and I had to ask him to repeat his qs a couple of times. So here goes:
1). Tel interview is between 15-20mins, however, because I anticipated the qs and answered clearly and concisely, my int was finished in 12mins.
2). Qs are as follows:
- What do you think you will be doing in your first year at Deloitte? (mention specific work, deep involvement in projects, professional qualification study, client facing, significant responsibility, working closely with a professional etc.)
- Why have you applied to Deloitte? (elaborate on the answer you supplied in your app form eg. global career, its reputation, its recent work and acquisitions etc.)
- Tell me about the work of professional services firms (very easy question, I don’t think I need to tell you! Although be sure to mention that professional services can be legal, consulting, accounting, tax etcc.,…)
- Tell me more about your service line (info is on website)
- Competency -based q: Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deliver a difficult message?
3). He will ask you if you have any qs for him. Use this opp to ask something you’re genuinely confused about eg. I wanted confirmation on when I’d be required to do the psychometric tests.
4). Deloitte got back to me 1 hour later confirming I’d passed. Very efficient
Hope this helps guys. I am awaiting a date for my first office interview.
Take Care xxx