Deloitte Partner Interview Final round

Deloitte
Response

I have got through to the partner interview and understand that it requires a 5 minutes presentation and the partner will ask questions for 10 minutes. But is it the same 7 competencies as the first round interview or will it mainly be Adaptability, Commercial awareness and career motivation? Response from anyone who has attended the partner interview at Deloitte will be very much appreciated.

Hey, literally got back from the Partner interview today… dont know the result yet.
Everyone says the partner interview is very discussion based. mine was extremely grilling. challenged at every point. I was challenge alot interms of commercial awareness (audit) not just news 3 months ago, even news in these 2 days. how future is looking for audit say 2012. also alot of things i did at university, why did i pick my degree. no specific competency question at all.
I dont think my partner was having a good day, but my presentation was absolutely immense though. no speech card, spoke 5 minutes none stop. he challenged me alot on the presentation so make sure you understand.
furthermore, I would recommend you to read FT from now until partner interview.
Best of luck :smiley:

Hey, literally got back from the Partner interview today… dont know the result yet.
Everyone says the partner interview is very discussion based. mine was extremely grilling. challenged at every point. I was challenged by Him alot interms of commercial awareness (audit) not just news 3 months ago, even news in these 2 days. how future is looking for audit say 2012. also alot of things i did at university, why did i pick my degree. no specific competency questions at all.
I dont think my partner was having a good day, but my presentation was absolutely immense though. no speech card, spoke 5 minutes none stop, extremely scripted. he challenged me alot on the presentation so make sure you understand.
furthermore, I would recommend you to read FT from now until partner interview.
Best of luck :smiley:

@YangNi thanks for the post hope for the best as others have said they grill you to see how you react. What was your presentation topic and how long did the partner interview last for? Thanks

Hey, guys, as i said before my personal encounter with the Partner is quite challenging, but not as bad as Zazar123.

I had a partner from costumer service audit line, although he seemed very strict but he did show genuine interest on my University activities.

I prepared alot for this job application, spent a whole week regarding the presentation. I did audit - european audit reform and what’s my idea behind it.

Im ethically chinese but I didnt feel discriminated at all, it was challenging yes but at the end of the day it’s an interview not a pub night.

I didnt try to start with the partner, I decided to follow the flow with the partner. zazar I think you tried to hard to put your personality too hard, if she is having a bad day, then as a junior I think it’s important to adapt yourself, because although you are a part of the team, at the end of the day shes still your boss.

@funmi it was 45 mins duration, my presentation audit on audit reform just go on accountancyage and read loads. follow the flow of partner dont try to joke or take control.

one of the question i didnt expect was : if you are running deloitte for a day, what would you do…

Zazar how come you keep putting ‘…’

I’m sorry to hear that Zarar. It sounds like your partner wasn’t particularly helpful to start with (walking away from you at the start and not eagerly shaking your hand is ridiculous). On the other hand, if the partner didn’t think you were a right fit, and you feel that you couldn’t be yourself, then maybe Deloitte is not the right firm for you? If you are a unique character and you feel that you don’t “fit” in certain corporate situations, that’s not necessarily a bad thing, and the partner may have saved you from a job that you would find montonous and average. Getting to the final round interview at a firm like Deloitte puts you ahead of pretty much 99.99% of people graduating and looking for jobs, so I’m sure you’ll do extremely well anyway!

Well tbh it is not that I can’t fit in, I have been successful in the business world before in sales roles, successfully completed top tier banking internships and work experience ; yes I can have subtle differences in my body language…but for reasons usually outside of my control, that no one has ever really been concerned about once they see my aptitude and work ethic…but I would have expected a partner to be aware that certain individuals have unique traits due to uncontrollable reasons…but given enough time can be “smoothed out”.
Its just that this partner seemed to have instantly made their mind up and never really allowed me to recover(no handshake, no water, disinterested/unappreciative look at presentation folder) or given me a fair hearing by considering my work ethic/passion and enthusiasm. Yes fit is important, but this partner seemed to totally discount my overwhelming passion and enthusiasm. I bumped into another partner on the way out, who was incredibly friendly and tried to start a conversation with me in the lift…I remember thinking “God I wish I had that partner interviewing me!”.

Well if that’s the case then you were very unfortunate, and as I said, that sucks. I’d send an e-mail to Deloitte to explain how you feel you were unfairly treated by your partner (no water, no handshake, no interest). It won’t help your situation, but it’s important they understand that some partners are so much better than others that it cam become an unfair competition. My partner was fantastic, we literally just chatted for about an hour about my work experience (which is quite unique) and I didn’t want it to end when it did.

On the other hand, I’d wait to find out the feedback from your interview, because you may find that you only just missed out or there was a very specific reason for not getting in. Even if a partner is uninterested and challenging, they may just be looking to see how you react and they may not have any higher standards than the other partners. After all, I find it incredibly hard to believe that they would allow some partners to hardly let any graduates through, while others let plenty through. Their process must account for differences in the partners, so even the most horrible interviewer will still be required to give every graduate a similar chance to that given by other interviewers. I mean, if an interviewer deliberately asks you tough questions, they are obviously not going to expect answers to the same standard as if they had asked you easy questions. They take that into account when making their decision.

Anyway, I’m sure you’ve learned a great deal from the experience, and sometimes there’s not much more you can do than be prepared and do your best on the day.

I recieved a call today for patner intrview date and was told I will be sent an email confirming date and presenation topic. Email still has not arrived will they send it to me soon or will it be snt like 2 days before the presentation.

Funmi make sure you get the presentation topic soon, it is incredibly important for u to understand the presentation extremely well! give them a call ever first thing tomorrow morning!

Good Good, best of luck, let me know how it goes :smiley:

I have to say I believe Deloitte’s recruitment process is fair, and up until my partner interview had thoroughly enjoyed it along with my communications with graduate recruitment and existing employees. I believe this was an isolated case, and proved so by my experience interacting with a second partner on my way out who was incredibly warm and sociable.

Hi guys, sorry I have decided to delete my posts surrounding my partner rejection;as I am worried about potential risks I may have exposed myself to. I would like to conclude by saying I believe Deloitte’s process is fair, and the preliminary 4 stages were very enjoyable for myself.

Thanks I received an email this morning confirming date and topic.

Hi Funmi, I have my partner interview coming up soon once the date and topic are confimred. What topic did you get?
Let me know how you get on.