Deloitte partner interview 2014

hi guys,
can anyone share partner interview experience for technology risk? I will be really appreciate if someone help me out as I got lost from my topic.
here it is.
" In order to give its staff more working flexibility, a national media company is introducing iPhones and iPads. The company has several divisions including production of tv shows and a newspaper branch. What are the risks of introducing this moveable form of media?"

Thx!!!

just received the offer from Deloitte~ this forum is so useful, it helps me a lot. so I would like to help people~ ask me any question you guys want~~

Hi soso123 and congratulations on your offer! You must be over the moon :slight_smile:

I’m applying for the technology consulting graduate program and just got through to my first interview, so would really appreciate it if you could share your experience with this particular stage of the process. How technical would you say it was, if any? And how did you structure your partner presentation?

Thanks very much in advance,
T

for first interview I think if you go through all the post on the wiki you will be fine. my is very structure. 2 for communication, 2 achievement goals, 2 planning. why technology, what do you know about it, what you will do on a daily basis.

Thank you.~

for first interview I think if you go through all the post on the wiki you will be fine. my is very structure. 2 for communication, 2 achievement goals, 2 planning. why technology, what do you know about it, what you will do on a daily basis.
for partner interview presentation, I mentioned data leakage risk, legal risk, work inefficiency risk and then how to mitigate these risk. thats all. 6 min …I printed PPT for partner. I wrote down all the words I would talk about, learned it by heart, practiced in front of mirror, until I can speak fluently. my partner seems very satisfied with it so no questions for that. he asked a lot about my interns stuff, very detailed. no commercial questions. but lot “why Technology risk”, “what exact function in this role you like”…you know something like data analytics relations to this role. why you suitable for this role.
however, partner interview does varies. basic recommendation: 2 news prepared (just in case), detailed role research. try to demonstrate you got the skills to tackle the challenge in the role.

Good luck for your interview

Hi again and thanks for your reply, that’s really helpful. Just out of curiosity, which office did you apply to? And since you mentioned being asked very in-depth questions about your internship, was this very tech-focused? Or were they more general questions than anything? I came from a non-technical background and haven’t got much in terms of relevant work experience, so was wondering if this would reflect badly on my application in the later stages.

Thank you for all your help so far!

Thank you~ I applied for Leeds.
the partner interview does varies.
I think it is ok even people do not have experience. the important thing is that you can demonstrate the skills you ve got which might be useful for the position you ve applied.e.g., customer skills…work under pressure…you know the experience either from study or Extracurricular activities.
my one was asked some daily thing I ve done, the challenge thing, etc for my past experience.
the partner is very nice so it is like a conversation rather than interview.
I think you will be fine as long as you can demonstrate your career motivation and interests for the position.

gook luck for your interview~~

Hi soso123, congratulations on your offer.

I have a partner interview for People and Programme consulting and had a query. You mentioned that they will ask “Why your service line?”. Did you/would you advise that I prepare this answer from the angle of how I am fitted for that role, in terms of how my academic and work experiences prepare me for that role ex: working under pressure, multi-tasking, inteprersonal skills etc or is that more a separate question. If so, how is it best to answer this, is it to say what I like most about the role?

Thank you~
I think “why the service line” is similar with why this role you applied. why you interest. I mentioned the service line here as the partner might ask you the structure of the role you applied. to see whether you ve done some research about it. for example technology risk is in the Audit advisory …you know . you can find the more details on Deloitte website.
for the skills you ve got, I think you can mention that in some of the questions. e.g.,“why this role” then you might say" I applied the role because… also, I believe I got the skills to tackle the challenge of the role.eg., prioritize skill I got from daily study. multiple tasks with similar deadline. interpersonal skill, comes from my experience of society. I use to organize events regularly" . partner might/would probe you any details depends on what you said.

so just relax and prepare about yourself. I think they want people have high motivation but also the capability you got. some times they might ask you at the end “is there anything you want to add?” then you might talk about why they should hire you. i.e., your career motivation and the skills you got (briefly mentioned).

however, all the suggestions are based on my personal experience. hope it is helpful to you.

good luck for your interview~~

Recently was successful at Deloitte partner stage, happy to answer any and all questions.

soso123, thanks for your reply. Just found out that I’ve passed the first interview which was great, and your advice definitely helped a lot. Really hoping that my partner interview would be a less grilling experience than the first!

rakm_123, congrats on your offer! I was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice on how you prepared for your partner interview, and in particular, the presentation.

What was your presentation topic and how did you structure this? What sort of follow up questions were you asked?

Thanks!

@tracyh thanks! so partner stage, there is so much on it in these forums so i’ll basically be pulling a lot of that together. By this stage, you are really looking to sell yourself more than ever, not just in a rehearsed competency fashion but on a more personal basis. Competency questions can still form a part of this, and mine did so definitely have those on the tip of your tongue. Presentation is crucial here; the thing itself is 5mins, but the questioning afterwards forms a large part of the interview. Mine was on auditor independence, and I structured it into 4 sections (4 slides plus title slide) giving me 75 seconds per slide. You need to be at the point where you can reel this presentation off comfortably without sounding robotic, and not staring down at paper. So practice by timing yourself. Seriously make sure you know the topic inside out, because the questions could take you anywhere. Also, commercial awareness is so important; know about current issues and how they are presenting opportunities/threats to Deloitte. Relate this back to your service line, and make that a theme here. You’ll have a partner of your SL so make sure you are letting them know that you know how to add value to their area within the firm. The finesse here is to make it sound natural; they are looking for someone who they can hold a decent conversation with, who knows about the industry through a self-driven capacity to learn (obvious when someone has just picked up an FT 2 days before the interview to cram). Understand the news you read and read around it, really impress them with what you know. Remember these partners own the firm, so it’s in their best interest to employ people they feel can really help both the firm and its clients so pull out of the steps to impress them. Additionally know about Deloitte, why them? Look at why it’s them you want rather than any other firm. Most importantly, relax! I know it’s way easier said than done, but don’t lose your head. Stay calm and remember that acting natural is going to be your best way to seal this. Would you employ a nervous wreck? Anymore questions i’ll do my best to help, feel free to inbox me.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi,
Congratulations on getting the role!
I am through to a partner interview at the Belfast Office for Testing within the Audit Advisory line and I have been given the same presentation topic, I just wanted to ask a little about mitigating the risks you have mentioned. Did you go into very technological explanations or did you keep it simple (as in anyone could understand regardless of background).?

Thanks!!

HI GUYs, i had a partner interview last week at deloitte mauritius . its about 6 days and i haven’t git any mail or reply, what should i take it for,? was i rejected ?

hey guys , i called at deloitte as i didnt receive any reply after my partner interview. when i asked the person in charge , she told me you will get a reply soon … am quite impatient and afraid also.any1 who have been through the same step ?

hey guys , i called at deloitte as i didnt receive any reply after my partner interview. when i asked the person in charge , she told me you will get a reply soon … am quite impatient and afraid also.any1 who have been through the same step ?

Hi there everybody, onto the final interview stage at Deloitte, been given the presentation question: ‘In order to give its staff more working flexibility, a national media company is introducing iPhones and iPads. The company has several divisions including production of tv shows and a newspaper branch. What are the risks of introducing this moveable form of media?’

First ever time I’ve gotten to this stage and to present it for 5 minutes is rather constraining, can someone help?

Cheers

Hi there I hope your interview went well.

Would you be able to shed some light on how your presentations went ?

Thanks a lot!

I got assigned a similar type of question. Would you be able to shed some light on how your presentations went ?

Thanks a lot!

Would you be able to shed some light on how your presentations went ?

Thanks a lot!