Deloitte online reasoning tests - summary

Deloitte
Google

If you have reached the online aptitude (reasoning) tests stage with Deloitte then this information could be useful for you. I have posted information on several recruitment tests as I have applied to many graduate programmes since last year. I hope you will find it useful.

Deloitte will require you to take 2 online reasoning tests, namely, Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning tests. These are administered by Kenexa (formerly PSL) and Kenexa format is widely used by investment banking and consulting industries.

The Numerical Test consists of 20 questions with 20 minute time limit. You can go back and forth and change the answers (but don’t do it). The level of difficulty varies and proper preparation using tutorials is a must! I think the best place to learn how to get a top score is from GraduateMonkey (just google the name). You will need to look for a Kenexa type tutorial they have. I used graduatemonkey tutorials myself, amazingly well organised into data types/contexts so you will remember different types of problems. On the downside, their Ebook is available online only although their tutorial videos are helpful (showing shortcuts, etc). It took me 4 days to prepare using their material and I got 90th percentile on my num. I failed the same test last year with 29% score and I still regret not paying attention to the test. but i improved this time which means we can all improve.

The Verbal Reasoning Test consists of 24 questions to be answered in 18 minutes. The key is to read the questions very quickly FIRST then look for answers in the paragraphs. You will still need a lot of practice and proper tutorial. Assessmentday practice tests should be good to practice. I prefer assessmentday because they provide the same material in bigger quantities but cheaper price - so you have lots of practice if you have the time!

Anyway, the BEST of luck to ALL of us who are now applying to grad schemes !!!

Cheers,
Daren

I think GraduateMonkey is a new tutorial provider, they do video tutorials on numerical tests. Not sure if they cover verbal or logical tests but will check.
Deloitte tests main challenge is time because it is Kenexa and they give you 1m per question compared to SHL where you have 25 mins to answer 18 questions. Compared to other Big 4 tests such as PwC, E&Y and KPMG - Deloitte online reasoning tests are average difficulty e.g. between the hardest (KPMG) and the easiest (E&Y Saville tests). Still, make sure you prepare because our skill levels vary and with practice you can always improve your scores.
cheers
tom

My Deloitte test was a bit differently structured, it had logical reasoning test in it. Nevertheless, I have found your post helpful, cheers mate.

Forget about Deloitte. You may pass their online tests, their phone interview, etc but in the end, you are dealing with low statistical probability of getting the job offer. They have one of the lowest vacancy-to-applications rates in the industry. In other words, you have to beat THE other 60 candidates to get your graduate position. Sad but true.

What is the planned recruitment size for 2014 for Deloitte? What are our odds in other words?

Deloitte will be hiring 1,500 for 2014 according to their website and High Flyers report for 2013.

Deloitte will be hiring more than 2,500 including summer interns and associates. there is plenty of places but you have to act early. I got my offer recently so now I am laid back and roaming in forums :slight_smile:

Deloitte took 2 weeks to respond after I completed the online tests but luckily I passed to the tel interview stage. Anyone here who experienced the tel interview? An advice will be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Just a follow up guys. I saw some people asking if anyone used graduatemonkey before. I signed up a week ago and I think it is brilliant. Full pack with ebook, video tutorials and 3 practice tests. I particularly like the video addition as they show shortcut solutions to some numerical problems. I recommend!

to daeg:

Can you please stop spamming this post?

thanks
Jim

hey guys, does anyone is aware or has a discount code/voucher for graduatemonkey subscription SHL Kenexa test preparation packs. I would really appreciate if you could send one if you happen to have it for graduatemonkey. I know they used to do discount codes but I could not find one on their site.

Looks like graduatemonkey finally reduced their SHL and Kenexa numerical test preparation pack prices to an affordable level. I had emailed them asking to reduce the prices previously so happy to hear they responded to the customer opinion.

Hi guys, I’m about to take the numerical test and then hopefully the e-tray exercise. I’ve already got a subscription to the AssessmentDay numerical tests- do you think this will help or should I still buy a graduate monkey subscription?

Hey guys, do you know anyone who has already applied for a Deloitte graduate position for 2014-2015 recruitment period? I am not sure it has already started but some countries seem to open earlier (I am from Australia).

PS. Also, do you think the reasoning test formats are the same (as explained above) in most countries or could they vary in format, timing, etc?

I hear that Deloitte has switched to tlentlens test format. How is that different: easier or more challenging?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi everyone sorry for the nuisance but is Deloitte recruitment for audit positions (across UK) is still open? I was unable to verify from their website :frowning:
If anyone has had fresh experience recently, can you please advise?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers
Krav

I think they are not really recruiting actively at the moment. Just wait another 2 months and it will all begin!

I think Deloitee UK graduate recruitment will soon commence. I have tried all of the above sources and got above 90th percentile on their tests BUT always fail the interview process :frowning:

Deloitte now also use TalentLens test format. Anyhow graduatemonkey is a go-to test prep sources thanks to their tutorials videos. ThXXX

Hi guys. The original post on Deloitte’s numerical and verbal tests is now three years old. Has anything changed since then?

Hi. I have just taken my Deloitte assessment tests.
Can anyone please tell me what is their selection criteria? How much u pass at? And if i don’t perform well at these tests, will they still invite me to group exercises to see my other skills or have i just lost my chance?