Deloitte - Graduate Building Surveying Interview

Hi,

I have an interview for Drivers Jonas Deloitte next Thursday for a Graduate Building Surveying position. On the website it goes through the application process, which includes and online application, online tests and several interviews; however I have only been asked to apply by submitting my CV and now have this interview.

Has anyone else been through a similar process and if so possibly provide a bit more insight into what I can expect?

Cheers

GQ2882

What are your qualifications and work experience??

It’s often useful to prepare something to say to them on what you’ve learnt over your years at university etc just in case they ask.

BA Hons in Ancient History and Archaeology
MSc in Forensic Archaeology
MSc in Building Surveying

Have extensive experience in a Building Surveying/Project Manager as well as currently working within the Property Team for the TDA (government position).

GQ2882,

I have been invited to do my interview next Thursday. Now you have completed your day do you have any tips or insight into what I can expect! I am a non cognate graduate so am wondering the amount of knowledge that I will be tested on.

Cheers

Layaagg

What is your degree background and work experience?

Layaagg,

My interview is not until tomorrow (8th July) so will not be able to provide any information just yet.

Will keep you posted!

GQ2882

GQ2882,

I am sorry, misunderstood. As I mentioned I am a non-cognate graduate so nothing to be afraid of!!! you sound very experienced with great qualifications.

Thanks for your help and good luck tomorrow.

layaagg

I have recently submitted my CV for a Graduate Town Planner position with Drivers Jonas Deloitte, can you tell me what your interview process involved, where it took place etc to allow me to prepare in advance what I may face if I am given an interview? I know sometime the large companies have a recruitment process but with Drivers Jonas Deloitte being so new I’m a bit nervous about what to expect!

Many Thanks,

PlanTown

I have recently submitted my CV for a Graduate Town Planner position with Drivers Jonas Deloitte, can you tell me what your interview process involved, where it took place etc to allow me to prepare in advance what I may face if I am given an interview? I know sometime the large companies have a recruitment process but with Drivers Jonas Deloitte being so new I’m a bit nervous about what to expect!

Many Thanks,

PlanTown

I didnt get the job really annoyed

There is an assessment, an interview and presentation

the interview is non competency - well it was for me - so why building surveying? where do you see yourself in 5 years ect!

What Office did you apply for?

What Office did you apply for?

Can anyone please share their experience at an AC with Drivers Jonas ???
Does anyone have an AC in January 2011???

gq2882 - I have an assessment day at the end of January and was wandering what sort of questions they asked you in the interview?

Your a building surveyer, so were there a lot of technical questions?

no competency questions?

What did you do your presentation on?

Thanks

Whats AC?

Assessment day you mean?

Have you heard from them re; date and time?

Hi,

Can anyone who has attended an assessment day at DJD provide an insight into how I might prepare for the day? I applied for a Building Surveying graduate position. I have been told I will be invited to an assessment day but the dates are still being agreed. As far as I can see the day will involve an e-tray exercise/5 min presentation/panel interview.

Any tips previous candidates can give in terms of preparation would be greatly appreciated, e.g. presentation topic, types of questions asked at interview etc.

Also, jrose21, which office did your assessment day take place in? It’s rather worrying that I still don’t have a date for mine and it’s already the 1st of Feb!!!

Thanks everyone and good luck :slight_smile:

BS - any word back yet? I’m in the exact same situation, still havent heard a thing from them.

I can tell you that a friend of mine who’d been applying for the planning line, who was e-mailed a standby for interview message, was recently given bad news that he didn’t make it. Surely this means that they are whittling down the candidates and will soon get in touch with us Re: a date, time and place?

Same questions for anyone else reading this, if they have any information on the assessment day itself it would be most appreciated if they could post up.

Cheers all.

Received an email with the date for my assessment day last Friday and it has since been confirmed for next week. 6 hours of assessment! I am terrified lol! Did you put the London office as your first choice? If not, maybe the other regional offices are lagging.

Best of luck with it, I got an email there last week thanking me for my patience, ensuring me that I’m not forgotten about and that I will be contacted as soon as possible. Guess all my qualms are settled with that email then!

Any post about the assessment day itself would be most appreciated BS. 6 hours of assessment, sure what can go wrong?! Good luck again anyhow.

Cheers

hii friends, i got a mail from deloitte saying i have been selected , and further to that they had asked me to send across the scanned copies of my certificates, which i did… can anybosy help me out, hw long does it take to do background check n all