Deloitte First Interview

Hi

I have my first interview at Deloitte in Consulting - Technology Integration. Can anyone please advice me on what to expect in the case study? Where can I practice similar case study? Is it a general business case study or something specific to the Technology sector? What is the key to success in a such an interview?

Looking forward to a response.

Regards

Hi

I have first round of interview with Deloitte (London) - Consulting TI next week.
It’s 1hr interview. Can someone please help with the questions to prepare? It’s for experienced hire position.

Plese help ASAP!!! Will it involve any case study???

I did my case study for HC consulting last week and it involved 2 parts - the first a general case study for consulting, usually a market estimation question or general business situation analysis. Get familiar with the profit model, 4 P’s, Porter’s 5 forces etc.

The second case study is specific to the type of consulting you want to go into - so for you it would be about tech. Key success factor would be demonstrating a logical way of thinking, thats more important than the answer.

Hope than helps :slight_smile:

I did my case study for HC consulting last week and it involved 2 parts - the first a general case study for consulting, usually a market estimation question or general business situation analysis. Get familiar with the profit model, 4 P’s, Porter’s 5 forces etc.

The second case study is specific to the type of consulting you want to go into - so for you it would be about tech. Key success factor would be demonstrating a logical way of thinking, thats more important than the answer.

Hope than helps :slight_smile:

Hi

Thank you very much:) But what did they ask in first round?? I have one hr interview first.
Have you got your results??

Thanks again.

I did my interview/case study final round on friday afternoon - I thought it went pretty well and the interviewer even said they thought I would “fit really well into Deloitte” - but I haven’t received a call yet!! :(( It is the long weekend but…I’ve heard some people get calls 2-3 hours after their final round so its a bit disheartening!!

For the first round I was asked basic questions about myself, my interests, and mainly behavioural style questions like “Tell me about a time when you worked well under pressure” was one of them from memory. If you google it there are heaps that you can practice for. I would also say that brushing up on industry knowledge is a good idea e.g. financial review.

Ok that’s a great help:)
I hope you get call soon.

Thanks again.

yay got an offer this morning!!

waaooooh dats a great news…Congratulation!
Who were u interviewed by in first round?

thanks :slight_smile: what do you mean, the person? Its usually either a HR person, a recruiter or someone of managerial level. I had mine with a manager from tax.

I think the best tip I can offer is to prepare for behavioural style questions. That helped me the most. Write down dot points of some experiences that you would talk about for each area and practice with a friend/family. The more you practice, the more confident you will be going into the interview. The main topics are like teamwork, initiative, leadership, autonomy, communication skills, conflict resolution skills. Don’t talk in generalisations like “Oh yeah i always do X in my job” use specifics and details like “In 2010 when I was in X leadership role I was required to…and I did this by…in the end I was able to…”. Pick examples that show your depth of experience - so one from your university, one from work, one from some leadership activity you were involved in.

Prepare lots of questions to ask as well. I found that through the recruitment process WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE asked you if you ‘had any questions for them’. If you don’t ask anything you seem disinterested so have a few generic ones that you can throw out like ‘How has Deloitte helped you advance in your career’. Lol it just sounds better than saying ‘nope.’

Anyway good luck and I hope you do well!!

Thanks again.
Yes, I have prepared all those and just practising now.
My interview has now been rescheduled for 8th July.
But do drop me your email id and I will keep in touch with you.