Deloitte Competencies

Hi guys, I’ve passed my phone interview for 2011 Strategy Consulting, and have been invited to a face-to-face interview.

I’m currently trying to prepare for the competency segment of the interview (which I assume is the same as those experienced in Audit etc). I’ve been looking through the forums and I’ve come across some really helpful posts, all of which mention the necessity to prepare 2 examples for each competency on the website.
In some posts people are posting questions from their Deloitte interviews relating to Teamwork, Social Interaction etc… but neither of these competencies appear on the website. Instead, Deloitte list the following as their competencies:

1. Communication
  2. Achievement of Goals
  3. Commercial Awareness
  4. Adaptability
  5. Problem Solving
  6. Organisational Skills

In addition (and adding to my confusion), the Wikijob page for Deloitte Consulting says the following in regards to the competency interview:

“…Competencies you will be quizzed on include communication, teamwork , career commitment, organisation skills and leadership.”

Again, leadership NOT listed on the website.

I understand that the competencies like teamwork and leadership are going to be pretty consistent across all interviews and I should prepare for them anyway, but I am nervous about this interview and would like to prepare extensively for as many eventualities as I can.

Can someone tell me the exact list of competencies on which I’ll be questioned so I can prepare 2 examples for each of these?

Thanks a lot guys

j.cool,

I’m sorry that nobody was able to help you out with this question, however it looks like your list of competencies should have been more than adequate. I have my first round interview for operations consulting coming up and was hoping you might give me a heads up of anything unexpected in your interview. I hope your interview process is going well.

thanks