Deloitte 2020 Intake

Deloitte

Creating a new thread for the 2020 intake for Deloitte.

Does anyone know the level of difficulty during assessment day in each office? Is the partner interview of small city such as glasgow easier than that of large city such as London? How do you choose the office location?

I should think that you’d choose the office that you want to work in, whichever is closest to you. I live in London, and am applying for the London office. Deloitte has several offices in and around London, so I just picked the ones that are easiest for me to get to (central London, Uxbridge, and Gatwick). If you’re living in London it seems silly to go all the way to Glasgow for an assessment day, but I have no idea if it would impact your overall chances of getting through.

Anyone else done the Immersive Online Assessment? How did you find it?

I found it decent but the maths was pretty hard; just heard back this morning that i’m through to the video interview, anyone got the same thing?

Hello everyone. I just finished the online assessment, and got the strengths of numerical interpreter, agility and respect, but scoring low on critical analyst. Anyone knows how long it takes to get an update to the result and next stage? Thank you in advance!

Hi mate!
I think they will email you about the outcomes in a few days.
Don’t worry and you can prepare for the next round. Could you please give us some details about the immersive test? Thank u soo much

Hi, could you please share your timeline with us? thank you a lot:grin:

Hi there, in the email it says update within 3 weeks.
About the test, 26 questions, starts with some ranking order 1-5 questions, then numerical+verbal reasoning from multiple sources like reports and graphs. And repeat this pattern twice.
I’d say the maths is hard (harder than KPMG’s if you’ve done it), takes time to read everything, draw key information and calculate, but it’s not timed, so no rush. Relatively smooth experience, next question appears once you press “submit”.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi, I applied on 14th, filled out application form, online test straightaway, complete within 5 days. Update about next stage comes within 3 weeks.

Sat the test on the 12th and heard back on the 18th, so I’d say they take around a week to respond

Yeah, I took the IOA last Tuesday, and got an email 2 days ago saying I’m through to video interview (Job Simulation) as well (so 1 week turnaround). Got 5 working days to do the Job Simulation, I’m planning on doing it either tomorrow or Saturday. Nervous and excited!

Has anyone done the job simulation? are you being recorded the whole time or just certain parts? thanks

Haven’t done it yet, but I know that it’s just the actual interview questions that are recorded (they write this in the email, and one of my friend’s has done the same test earlier this year).

Has anyone done the Job Simulation yet? I’ve never done one of these before and am really worried, as I’ve read that Deloitte’s is hard!

If anyone has any pointers of what to expect, I’d be so grateful!

I have taken the Deloitte Job Simulation and would be willing to provide general support and guidance.

Please add me on WhatsApp - 07375230685

Thank you so much about the details you provided, which really helps. I did the test 2 days ago. Hope you all the best !

Hi Kira, would you be willing to provide any information on what sort of thing you were asked? Thank you so much, any help would be very much appreciated!

Could anyone tell me how long each video recorded answer needs to be?

Hi there, in the email it says update within 3 weeks.
About the test, 26 questions, starts with some ranking order 1-5 questions, then numerical+verbal reasoning from multiple sources like reports and graphs. And repeat this pattern twice.
I’d say the maths is hard (harder than KPMG’s if you’ve done it), takes time to read everything, draw key information and calculate, but it’s not timed, so no rush. Relatively smooth experience, next question appears once you press “submit”.
Hope it helps.

Wendy’s explanation is pretty thorough. The ranking order ones are situational, meaning that you rank them the answer choices by how likely you are to do them. Ex: “Your manager suddenly needs to leave in the middle of a meeting, what do you do?”. You can’t really prepare for these, as you just need to go with your gut.
Then it’s numerical reasoning multiple choice. You get given 5 pages of a report, and each question relates to information found in the report. It’s a combination of being able to read, analyse, and calculate based on the given information. I suppose you could prepare by doing some math problems, but honestly, I don’t know if it would help.
And as Wendy said, this is repeated twice: situational, maths, situational, maths.
Also, time doesn’t seem to influence the result - they say it should take 50-60 minutes, I took almost 3 hours because I was interrupted by an important phone call in the middle (avoid this lol) and I still went through!
Good luck!