Deloitte 2019 Intake

Deloitte

I’m in a similar boat, although I have only been waiting 1.5 weeks. Which location did you apply to?

manchester audit

Hi! I received an offer four days after my PI, and I found this thread helpful in my preparations. Some tips that really helped me:

• Understand the company’s values. Make sure to understand Deloitte’s values and try to brainstorm experiences that you can relate to those values. Try thinking of how you have demonstrated these values through your own experience (whether that be in uni, at work, or general life experiences). Deloitte focuses on commercial awareness, client reputation, interdisciplinary thinking and career motivation. This is important as the interview is values-based. Wikijobs has some good resources for this actually!

• Research your role. I cannot stress the importance of this. The website is a really useful resource for this as there are numerous reports that you can read. This will help you to also understand WHY you are interested in the service line/role, and will give you an idea of what to expect of the graduate scheme (i.e. the commercial awareness bit). Pick 3-4 main reports that you found to be interesting, look at some cool initiatives within the department and read blogposts that are posted on the website. Perhaps even find some interesting podcasts to listen to! Also, look into some qualifications that you might be interested to undertake - don’t be afraid to mention that to the interviewer! I believe that there is a good description of your role when you select your role before the job simulation starts? Take notes!

• The presentation. Practice, practice, practice. I provided my partner with a handout, and I had a document with my presentation transcribed just in case my nerves get the best of me and I forget what to say. I found this to be useful. I practised to the point where I felt really comfortable presenting it without having to look through my notes. Try to think of potential questions your partner might ask you and prepare for that as well. Keep it simple but make sure to adequately articulate your thoughts in a concise matter.

• Be yourself and relax. I personally disliked hearing this, but I realised quickly afterwards how important it actually is. Your partner wants to see whether you are a good fit for the company. This does not have to be a bad thing. If you aren’t a good fit, you probably would not find the job enjoyable. With that being said, just be your normal self and try not to be too stiff as the interview also allows you to get to know the partner in a less formal way - make your personality shine through!

• Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask your partner about their career, or any other questions that you may have concerning the graduate programme, qualifications, trainings etc.

I know that some of these points have been articulated earlier in the thread, but I thought it would be worth mentioning it again. Good luck to everyone!

6 Likes

Congratulations andThanks a lot! This is really helpful :slight_smile:

received three emails from them saying that there are available ac slots to choose at 7:20 a.m. 8:30 a.m. 18:00 p.m… every time when i logged in to the portal, there wasnt available places any more… this is just getting me stressed. Does anyone have the similar situation as me?

anyone going for an ac for audit - FS(BCM) in london?

Hi all,
Sent an email to my HR rep yesterday and they said that the latest update on my application was on the 18th march and that I should be receiving an update soon. If there was an update on the 18th surely they should’ve sent me an outcome already :confused:

Has anyone heard back from Audit in Reading from interviews in the past two weeks? Or earlier?

Thank you!

when did you have your interview?

waiting from audit manchester since 1st march

I had my interview on the 12th March so haven’t been waiting as long as you. However, I thought I would have been told the outcome by now.

2 months but that was video interview

Does anyone take audit Bristol final interview and how long do you wait for the result?

Anyone waiting to hear back from the Reading office

has anyone been to the london office for the final interview? anyone received an email saying that they will provide an update before easter break?

I had my final interview in London last week but have not received any updates. I heard that they’re quite fast with responding with outcomes but it doesn’t seem like it

have you contact them?

may i know how long did u wait to book a slot on the portal?

ive been waiting for an outcome since 1st march from manchester, if that helps!

after PI interview***