Delloite Application tax

Hi guys,
I am currently filling out the application for delliote for tax position. I am kinda stumped at wht to write for " y this particular service line"?

and wht you will be doing on a day to day basis … anything u guys can tell from ur experience will be very helpful …

Best Regards

[QUOTE=NabeelSid;788]Hi guys,
I am currently filling out the application for delliote for tax position. I am kinda stumped at wht to write for " y this particular service line"?

and wht you will be doing on a day to day basis … anything u guys can tell from ur experience will be very helpful …

Best Regards[/QUOTE]

Have a search on the forum; I’m sure there is a post which answers this exact question.

I did… i couldnt find any for tax… found for audit though … anyone out there apply for tax? ur help will be very much appreciated

best regards

This is research you could do yourself, but general things you’ll be doing are:

• Liaising with HMRC to ensure clients have fulfilled their tax payments and deal with any issues arising.
  • Researching tax legislation and case law.
  • Attending client meetings.
  • Preparing tax computations and returns.
  • Liaising with clients to better understand the nature of their income during the year and thus how to treat them for tax purposes.
  • Attending college/studying for the ACA qualification.

As for your other question - why this service line - you have to be able to answer that yourself. You must have some idea why you want to go into tax etc - surely?

Tax, unlike audit, is mostly based in your own office - i.e. you will sit at your desk every day at the Deloitte office rather than visit clients. On a day to day basis, your job will initially begin with doing the mundane stuff- checking company tax returns, performing tax audit work for the audit service line - that sort of thing. There will also be a lot of studying to do, and you will be given tax training that goes above and beyond the ACA training.

It’'s mostly spreadsheet work, so don’t get too excited!

As for why you want to do tax, well, only you can answer that! I can give you one piece of advice though - some people suit tax, and some do not. If you like attention to detail and always like to get things right, and follow methods and procedures, tax is for you. If you are a bit of free spirit, you are probably better suited to something else.

By the way you mis-spelt Deloitte- just make sure you get it right on the application!

I have a job in Deloitte doing Corporate Tax for next year, so I could probably help with any questions you have…

Although with regards to what you should write in your application form, what has already posted looks good to me.

I will try and help with any more specific questions if people have them…

hey,just wondering if you still remember your AC for TAX, did the partner interview ask anything technical about tax? like recent tax change,and does your news have to be related to tax ?