C181, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxx, xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07xxxxxxxxx
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Summer Analyst, HSBC, India June 2008 - Current
• Working in a small team with four private bankers and am responsible to manage the portfolio of high-net-worth HSBC Premier Clients. Independently working on an intense number crunching WMS Penetration-Stage 3 project.
• Assist in fund research, along with the day-to-day settlements of trade, which includes liaison with fund managers and brokers. First-hand interaction with experts in the world of finance enhanced key financial skills furthermore.
• Monitored cash flows and advised clients on proposed asset allocation (varying from commodities, debt, equity and real estate), fund restructuring; tax, life insurance and pension planning.
Summer Analyst, ABN AMRO, India June 2007 - August 2007
• Shadowed industry experts rotationally around Finance and the Investment Banking division of Mergers & Acquisitions.
• Supported detailed industry research on both private and public companies by gathering data via primary and secondary sources to identify potential investment opportunities. Worked with numbers, statistics, graphs and tables.
• Researched financial information and statistics for senior management i.e. identify synergies and analyze financial risks by utilizing various computational valuation techniques.
ABN-AMRO ‘Reward for Excellence’ 2007: Transferred to the head branch in New Delhi for a 2 week training programme as a result of a unique creative ability combined with excellent team-work and self-reliance skills.
Summer Trainee, Amarnath and Sons, India June 2006 - August 2006
• Aided senior public accountants and auditors while preparing and verifying financial statements of the company.
• Established and maintained close relationships with bank executives, senior auditors, and attorneys, ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies.
• Monitored accuracy and timely transmittal of monthly financial statements. Worked intensively on spreadsheets, documenting financial errors and missing invoices.
PART-TIME WORK EXPERIENCE
Bartending Steward, ALEA London Clubs International, UK September 2007 - Present
• Exercised team-working skills in a busy service-oriented work environment at this casino.
• Adept and responsible money-handler.
• Dealing with customers in a friendly and professional manner enhanced key interpersonal and communication skills.
Field Representative-Team Leader, The Marketing Machine, UK November 2006 - June 2007
• Traveled around the UK to promote and sell new products such as AXA PPP and Carphone Warehouses’ Talk Talk by pitching sales to convince customers.
• Managing, recruiting and training of new staff improved vital leadership and team-work skills.
• Researching products to shortlist only its quintessential benefits enhanced my ability to investigate products and study it in major detail.
• Active Member of the Student Community Action (SCA) 2007 - Present at the University of Nottingham. Initiated charitable events, camps and projects to help the poor and homeless.
• Committee member of the AIESEC society 2006-2007 at The University of Nottingham, assisted in financing food stalls for the Careers Fair organised by the society.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
University of Nottingham, UK 2006 - 2009
BA (Hons) Finance, Accounting and Management
Predicted Degree Result: First
Main modules include Corporate Finance, Management Accounting Decisions, Financial Analysis, Advanced Econometrics, Accounting Theory and Practice, Computational Finance, Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Quantitative Methods, Risk Management Decisions, Advanced Financial Reporting, Accounting Information Systems, Financial Economics, International Finance
Nottingham University Business School Scholarship Winner 2006-07: The only student to be awarded this scholarship in the University’s Business School, as a result of outstanding academic and all round ability.
La Martiniere for Boys, India
Indian School Certificate Examinations (Grade 12) - 91.5% 2004 - 2006
Main Modules include English, Commerce, Accountancy, Economics and Business Mathematics.
Indian Council of Secondary Education (Grade 10) - 78.2% 2002 - 2004
Main Modules include English, Science, Hindi, Social Studies, Computer Science and Mathematics.
La Martiniere for Boys Outstanding Academic Achievement Award 2006: Student with the highest overall percentage in our Business school in the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Equal Opportunities Officer at the University of Nottingham’s Students Union 2007-2008 where I assisted in promoting events such as “Anti-Racism”, “One World Week” and “Black History Month”. Organising such projects improved my team working and organisational skills.
• Captain of the Kolkata Punjab Club badminton and table tennis team where I lead my teams to win the Saturday Club Tournament 2005-2006.
• Senior Team Captain of the football, table tennis and badminton teams, La Martiniere for Boys, India from 2004 - 2006.
• Finance, Accounting and Management Course Representative for the academic year 2007-2008 where I had to represent views of course mates, identify student issues and needs, attend staff-student committee meetings.
• Social Secretary of the Entrepreneurship Society at the University of Nottingham’s Business School 2007- Present in which we invited guest entrepreneurs and funded these expenses through challenging trade games undertaken by us in our society meetings
• Nottingham University Business School’s Employer Programme Certificate 2007-2008: I have been awarded this certificate due to a high level of employer engagement and career planning.
• Attended Insight Days conducted by E&Y and Morgan Stanley in the year 2007-2008.
• Languages: Fluent in English, Hindi, Bengali and Punjabi.
• IT Skills: Experienced working with the Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
• Interests: Sports, Music, Reading, Passion for the world of finance and meeting new people.
References available on request