CSC Telephone Interview- very unimpressed!

I have just had a telephone interview at CSC and am highly unimpresed!
It was clearly from a call centre in India! The woman did not work for the company but for a company hired to perform interviews, and actually admitted this after a while (altho cud of guessed it quite easily). When it got to the ‘do you have any questions bit’ all the questions I had prepared were completely irrelevant as they were designed for someone who actually worked there!! Not for someone who would only be able to tell me what I could have gathered on the internet! And, rather than recording the conversation or something she was just typing up my answers as she went along, which again was ridiculous as there were long pauses whenever I had finished speaking. There was no flow to the ‘conversation’ and absolutley no rapport! And I thought some of the questions were pretty stupid. They have asked me to fill out a survey about my thoughts on the interview and I have told the truth, and made it clear that I was quite unimpressed. Whether this will mean it is very unlikely to get the job I don’t know, but not really sure if I even want to work for such a lazy company! Is it normal to conduct telephone interviews in this way? I’ve only had one before and although I didnt actually succeed, it was someone from the HR department of the company, in England, there were no typing pauses and my interviewer was quite personable.

Hi lizzie,
I had an interview with CSC last Friday and experienced quite the opposite, the woman who interviewed me was helpful and knowledgable about the company and managed to answer all my questions. I think she was outsourced but was english and kept up very quickly with all my responses. Thats weird that they were so different. I have since been invited to attend the interview centre. Have you heard back yet? A major criticism was that she asked about 14 competency questions, many of which were quite similar.

No havent heard back yet as it was only today. Yeah I was asked loads of competency questions as well!
One of the first questions I had prepared was about the culture in the company and the woman clearly didn’t have a clue. She said to me that she couldn’t really answer it because she didn’t work for the company and that just completely put me off asking the rest of my questions!
Sounds like your interviewer was a lot better than mine! There was no conversation with mine, just a (long!) list of questions she read to me in a stilted fashion.
Well done on getting through! When is ur ac? Cos this woman told me there was only one a/c planned at the moment at the end of November and that it was mainly for finance applicants.

No havent heard back yet as it was only today. Yeah I was asked loads of competency questions as well!
One of the first questions I had prepared was about the culture in the company and the woman clearly didn’t have a clue. She said to me that she couldn’t really answer it because she didn’t work for the company and that just completely put me off asking the rest of my questions!
Sounds like your interviewer was a lot better than mine! There was no conversation with mine, just a (long!) list of questions she read to me in a stilted fashion.
Well done on getting through! When is ur ac? Cos this woman told me there was only one a/c planned at the moment at the end of November and that it was mainly for finance applicants.

Only just heard today and email just says I was successful and will be notified shortly of ac dates. Good luck!

Get over yourself, alot of interviews are like this and all the big companies outsource to India etc as they are alot more efficient and reliable. Iv had similar interviews like HP (Philippines), Zurich, Cpgemini etc etc and even tho outsourced they have been fine and more than helpful and the pauses after you finish talking are so they can finish typing up your responses not cos they are in a different country. PLus at this stage its just them learning more about you.

hi
i just was hoping whoever has had a phone interview could tell me what kind of questions they had and maybe give some examples which would be vey helpful as i have a phone interview with them
Thank you

Hi Alex, I had scheduled Telephonic Interview on 17th Mar 2011. Please pass on any competency questions and some tips for the Interview. Thank you so much for your help. It would be helpful for me if you can provide any useful info for this Interview.

Thank you
Suresh K

Hi Suresh,

I had a phone interview last Thursday (10th March) and have made it to the AC on the 29th March. In terms of tips, I was asked the following questions:

What do you know about the company?
Why have you chosen CSC?
Why have you chosen the particular role?
What makes a good team player?
Describe a time when you couldn’t get along with someone (or something along those lines)
When have you lead and what were the main issues?
What do you think you’ll be doing in your day-to-day role?

(there might have been one or two more, but I can’t remember what they were)

The interview only lasted 20 mins; I was expecting it to be about 45!

Hope this help, good luck!

Hi,

Thank you so much for the update. I have it tomorrow. This forum was awesome and helped me to prepare well on my telephonic Interview. Thank you all.

Will get back here soon…with some result…!

Hi guys,

I really need your help. Could anyone please please give me a good example I could use for the application question, “please give details of a time when you have had to adapt to a significant change.” I’ve been trying to think of something for quite a while now but I have had no luck.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.