Couple of First Interview questions

Hi,
This is my first post so be gentle!

I have my first interview for KPMG on Wednesday and I have been playing around with a few ideas.

I am applying for the Germany/UK Audit Scheme and as a career changer (3 years in logistics for the Aerospace Industry) I need to put the right impression across first time.

For the interesting business issue in the news I was thinking about doing the current Liechtenstein Tax Haven scandal, but is that too tax related for audit? The reason being I was trying to find a financial issue which is affecting both UK and Germany to show my awareness of both regions.

Secondly, if the discuss a business you would develop question comes up on the first interview as well (some people on this forum seem to have had it), would it be safe to use an aerospace business (for example a supplier I currently deal with) as I would be able to talk reasonably knowledgeably or would that make me appear one-sided?

Thanks for your help.

standardcrow

Sounds like you’re on the right track. The tax issue is a bit tax orientated for audit but you might be OK. I would also prepare to talk about both the credit crunch and Sarbanes-Oxley, which are both international issues and both extremely relevant to audit. You will probably be expected to show a good understanding of these as evidence you have researched the job.