Co-Op Graduate Recruitment

The Co-operative

Hi there

Has anyone else applied for the Co-Operative business management graduate recruitment programme?

I applied a week ago - still waiting for a reply to my application with stumps for fingernails!! They said it’d take up to two weeks for a reply but I just wish they’d hurry up! I was just wondering if anyone’s had any experience of their application process/any tips for those who’ve already secured positions?

I’d be really grateful for anyone getting in touch who’s been-there-done-that :slight_smile:

Deb

Hi Deb,
I applied for the same scheme about three weeks ago, got an invitation to online test within 5 days and then an interview two days after that. Had the interview last Wednesday which I thought went well so fingers crossed… but don’t worry about the delay, when I applied it sounds like they’d had very few applicants, but with the deadline coming up I imagine there’s been a flurry. No news is good news!

Thanks for getting back to me luc123! I take it the online tests were the shl standard numeracy, logic etc? I’ve already passed them with pwc so i’m not too worried about those but I’ve heard co-op decline 85% of all applications immediately so well done for even getting as far as you have!!

Any interview tips you fancy sharing?

Co-op are the ones I really do want and I’m starting to get quite anxious now!

Deb

I got an invitation to do the online tests today. Eek… any tips? I get all scared with the time pressure and make silly mistakes? I totally messed up the FSA ones…

As for the original post, I applied around 3 weeks ago to the Finance scheme and only got a reply today :O… was getting very worried.

Good luck!

I really want this too :slight_smile:

Yeah they were everything I wanted them to be when I went for the interview! Interview was 1hour 45 minutes though, damn intense! Still no reply, I’m going crazy. Congratulations on the tests, the application form definitely seems to be the most competitive part. The tests were fine, I thought I had hugely underperformed, but there were no real surprises in it. They really are just standard percentages/shares etc and the verbal is just glorified comprehension, it’s only the timing pressure that really gets to you I think. The test crashed the first time round and I had to ring up to get it reset, so even if that happens, don’t panic! Best of luck, and hopefully we’ll all be meeting at an Assessment Centre!

Oh and the interview was essentially the competencies/behaviours already outlined expressed in different examples to the ones on your form. So, long as you practice these up beforehand so you’ve got something to just pull straight out of the bag, you’ll be fine. There’s plenty of opportunity to ask your own questions too, which was very helpful

Hey guys,

Ive been fortunate to of recieved an interview in under 2 weeks, and luc123 ur advice has been great from this.
Is there, by any chance, any other advice you could share, like what other questions, apart from the ones about my app form and compatency-based questions, you recieved? Like any on the company and/or my stengths and weaknesses. Was there any hard questions that threw you off/ difficult to answer too?
I take it that the interview is just a one-on-one and thats all? Its just the email did not really explain much.

Any additonal information would really help and I would appriciate it alot.

Thanks again

Hey guys,

Ive been fortunate to of recieved an interview in under 2 weeks, and luc123 ur advice has been great from this.
Is there, by any chance, any other advice you could share, like what other questions, apart from the ones about my app form and compatency-based questions, you recieved? Like any on the company and/or my stengths and weaknesses. Was there any hard questions that threw you off/ difficult to answer too?
I take it that the interview is just a one-on-one and thats all? Its just the email did not really explain much.

Any additonal information would really help and I would appriciate it alot.

Thanks again

Hey guys, the last comment about competencies confused me! I have an interview very soon.

So it the competencies that are being mentioned when people say they want the answers from your application?

Many people say they want them off the application, yet you have just said they want different examples :S Im confused.

How many competencies do they ask?

an hour and 45 minutes?!?! I had a similar interview for p&g for just 40 minutes and that was the hardest interview i’ve ever had.

I’m also getting really anxious, as I really want to work for CO-OP. I applied about 3 weeks ago and emailed hr for an update on my application status and they said:

Thank you for your email. Apologies in the delayed response. It is taking longer than anticipated to process all the applications due to the large response to the advert. Your application is currently being screened. We will be in touch in the next few days to update you.

It is now a week later and still no response :frowning: I wish they would either accept or reject my application to take me out my misery lol I hate the waiting game.

It’s good to hear someone else is still in the same situation!! My original email said within 2 weeks, which is now up. I’m hanging about waiting wondering what’s going on!! I’d kind of given up hope but you’ve made me think there might be a possibility… fingers crossed and I’ll let you know if I hear anything!! x

How’s everyone else getting along? I heard today and I’ve been taken through to the online tests! I’m really pleased obviously, but could’ve done without a three-week wait to find out, I was going crazy. I’ll keep in touch if I get through this stage and see how everyone’s doing.

Deb

Quick update - I completed the online tests the same day and found out yesterday that I’ve got an interview but not till feb!! Thanks for all the interview advice people, I’ll be re-reading it a million times i’m sure. Any other tips off anyone who’s been recently I’d be grateful. Good luck everyone! And merry chrimbo :slight_smile: x

well done. i didnt pass the tests :frowning:
i have a few applications on the go. so fingers crossed i get one .gud luck to all :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on their applications?

I’ve passed the online tests, telephone interviews, and now waiting for the AC.

Has anyone been to the ACs this year?

Love to hear back from you all.

Thanks

Hi all i was just wondering how many of you guys actually got through to the assessment center? as im currently awaiting to have my interview and quite worried how intense it could be ??

thanks

Hi everyone,

I missed out on the Business Management deadline by literally a day, but have just received an email saying Co-op have re-opened their retail operations grad scheme. This is not 100% in my interest, but do you think there is a chance I may be able to swap if I get accepted? Do you think I should just apply so that if I get an interview it at least gives me a chance to showcase myself?

Any advice on this would be appreciated, even if it is not Co-op specific

Thanks

Hi Carly, I have a feeling that if you are not passionate about the role then it will show in the interview process so why waste time, wait for more suitable role.

Hi I applied to the graduate finance role at Co-Op Midlands Society based in Lichfield, which had all of the competency questions etc, and I applied just over 4 weeks ago and it says if not heard within 4 weeks, assumes your application has not been progressed. I thought I had done really well on my application, I have all the grades, lots of experience, I graduated within the last 2 years which it asks for and have been working in finance since, so have lots behind me but I still have not heard and its been more than 4 weeks by 1 day. After 2 weeks, I emailed HR to say that if I was successful to the next stage (assessment day) I would not be able to respond for another 2 weeks as I will be abroad but have had no response. Has anyone else applied to this one based here as I know there is the main co-op in manchester? and has anyone else had the same problem of no response after the time is up that they say and eventually had a positive response?

I really wanted to get the job and I’m so nervous waiting. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

I have applied for the finance graduate scheme and completed the online tests, which were standard SHL style.

Today I received a missed call from somebody in co-op recruitment.

Is a telephone interview part of this process?

Thanks for your help,

Ben