Chosing between offers - accountancy

I am lucky enough to have a choice of job. I am between a mid-tier top 20 company as a generalist or PWC Assurance. At the moment my ultimate aim would probably to enter industry and maybe end up as a FD (with some luck!). I am torn between the value of the experiences and which would be better for my development. One possibility that occurred to me would be to train as the generalist and get a wide experience base and then move to a big four to get experience in dealing with bigger clients. However I don’t know how easy it would be to do this or even if it is best. Any help and advice would be appreciated! Thanks for reading.

Bert

Hey,

I was in the same situation as you. I choose PWC assurance. There are some firms which out there which specify BIG 4 training so that is worth baring in mind.

I’m not sure how easy it would be to move from a smaller firm to a BIG 4 firm. Easier to move the other way I would guess.

Dave

A [[Big 4]] name on your CV is great. It will open doors for you because it is still seen as prestigious and a great training ground for high quality people.