Chartis (AIG)

Hi everyone,

I’ve got an SHL test to do for Chartis (AIG) had anyone else done this yet, if so what was it like??

Can you remember the type of questions that come up??

Much help would be great! Thanks

I think they’re standard SHL tests. Have you done one of those before? You can practice on their website as well.

Yea, ive done the practice tests they seem quite tough!

Have you got one to do for Chartis aswell??

Yeah, I’ve got to do them by 7/03. I’ve done a few SHL tests before and they’re not that bad.
When is your deadline?

yea same here.

its a bit of a long process…and they only hire 10 in the uk so its quite tough!

Do you know where else you can practice apart from the SHL website, as they seem to keep asking you the same question??

yeah, I know. They’ve got like 1000 stages. Anyway, it’s worth a try.

Yea, it sure is.

where else have you applied??

In insurance…I’ve also applied to Allianz. Haven’t heard from them yet. You?

I’ve applied at a few finance roles but mainly going through agencies, as some of the grad schemes deadlines are gone.

hi stealth,

did u use recruitment agencies to apply for any actuarial graduate/trainee positions? if so, what agencies did u use?

thanks.

Hey,

I completed the tests…they’re not too bad…i don’t know about the verbal one 'cause i’m never sure of it, but the numerical one was quite easy…just basic computation, percentages and the usual stuff. you’ve got to do 18 questions in 25 minutes, so it’s not too tight.

Good luck!

Hey smk 123,

well i only use the recruitment agencies to apply for direct entry roles not for grad schemes. Some agencies i use are like reed, hays, poolia, robert walters, cityjobs etc…some of them are ok others just dont get back to you, i think you might have used these in the past??

As for the grad schemes i just go direct to the company website and apply from their, never really used any recruitment agencies for grad/trainee postions.

Hey Vaneela,

Thats brilliant, yea im going to do mine soon for the numerical u get questions on like exchange rates, population, balance sheets, pie charts?? Yea i knw what you mean verbal seems tricky at times…kool let me know how u did hopefully get to the next stage!!

I also have a test that I have to complete by the 07/03…im sure it is the usual SHL type assessment but all depends on their benchmark (although they seem to be using both the application form and assessment results in their final decision sigh in relief) any feedback would be much appreciated!

By the way I had an assessment with Allianz (for VaneelaLFAJ) but it might be worth a short getting to Allianz if you dont hear anything soon…they are notorious for having wierd email systems (my own assessment by the way) as I had to get to contact someone in Munich before someone got back to me to say I was invited for an assessment centre…suffice to say I was not successful but the feedback was very insightful! Good luck folks

@Stealth
Yeah, the numerical ones are not difficult at all, don’t worry…just practice a bit before and have a go.
@by_special_invitation
Hey, which grad programme did you apply to at Allianz…I thought they close applications on 26 feb …and after that they’ll send replies…I would be really disappointed if they don’t get back at me, after all the hassle with answering their weird questions :stuck_out_tongue:

hey @by_special_invitation - it would be great if you can shed some information what kind of feedback you got from allianz??

just that so i can know what kind of things insurance companies look out for so i can prepare in that way. Any information and what you had to do in the assessment centre would be much helpful.

Hi peeps,

im abit of a newbee to this site, i didnt even realise i was registered until my email was already recognised lol!

anyways, just to add to the discussion on Chartis - i too have received an invite for the SHL Tests but i neva seem to do as well as i hoped on the practice tests as there seems to be a lot of information to process in a short time (the numerical tests!). And theres no solutions so you cant tell what you’ve done wrong!

Has anybody taken the tests for chartis yet, and if so how did you find the questions?

Plus on the email i received it said i needed 45 mins for each test? does that mean there is a practice test before you attempt the real one?

Any advice or help will be much appreciated - Good luck to all!

Hi peeps,

im abit of a newbee to this site, i didnt even realise i was registered until my email was already recognised lol!

anyways, just to add to the discussion on Chartis - i too have received an invite for the SHL Tests but i neva seem to do as well as i hoped on the practice tests as there seems to be a lot of information to process in a short time (the numerical tests!). And theres no solutions so you cant tell what you’ve done wrong!

Has anybody taken the tests for chartis yet, and if so how did you find the questions?

Plus on the email i received it said i needed 45 mins for each test? does that mean there is a practice test before you attempt the real one?

Any advice or help will be much appreciated - Good luck to all!

Hey,

I took the tests a few days ago…haven’t heard back about it though, I’m thinking they’ll send out invites to the telephone interview after the 7 March deadline and after reviewing again all the applications.
The tests weren’t too bad and they’re not longer than the usual ones…yea, the 45 minutes include practice tests, but you first need to do the verbal in order to go on to the numerical.

Good luck!