Catlin interview 2014

Catlin

has anyone heard interviews for the 2014 programme? how was it like?

I submitted my application form 10 days ago, but still haven’t heard anything back. @banking1, have you booked your interview slot?

Yes i did. I had my interview today.

Hope it went well for you. I am still waiting for them to get back to me. Which service line did you apply?

Is it a strength-based or competency-based interview? Judging from the old Catlin interview thread its a competency interview. Would you say the questions they asked you were similar to what’s been posted in the other thread?

banking1, how did your interview go and what kind of questions were you asked? since it is a strengths based interview which is different to a competency based interview i am confused what to expect. Also, what field have you applied for? Thanks in advance x

Hi everyone! I’ve had a phone interview for 2014 development programmes in Claims recently. The previous thread was really helpful, however in my interview there were no specific questions about Catlin’s history and geography. The way a strength interview differs from the competency based interview, I think, is that there are also hypothetical questions, e.g. what would you do if faced with a difficult situation or how would you identify a better way of doing something? I hope this was helpful.

the technical interview is based on your background educationwise, understanding about general insurance, commercial awarenes and interviewed by 2 people based on your communication and problem-solving skills.

Banking1, is it possible for you to give an insighy as to what you were asked? If u dont mind? Thanks x

I did the strengths telephone interview on 28th Jan… They promised me that I would get the result at the end of Jan., but I haven’t got any feedback. Anyone have the similar situation?

Can anyone give me some information about catlin online test? Is it very difficult? How many tests do I have to take?
Thanks

Hi,

I had an interview in Dec and was promised feedback for the end of Dec. Didn’t hear anything till today asking if I was still interested in the position. Anyone know what that’s about?

Thanks

Hey,

I got the same email and they’ve booked me in for a strengths based interview. Would you mind sharing your experience of the interview please? Any questions/advice/tips please?

I’ve applied for the Actuarial role and you??

Hey,

What do you mean by strength based? So technical? Have you already completed the telephone interview then? That’s as far as I have got. When did you get the email?

I’ve also applied for the Actuarial role. Fingers crossed on being booked in for a technical/ strength based interview too!

Hey,

I just passed the application form and the online testing. After that they asked me to go through a phone interview (strength based) which I need to do this week. The technical interview is after that. Have you done the phone interview so far? Any tips on that? Share the questions?

Thanks.

Hey,

I just passed the application form and the online testing. After that they asked me to go through a phone interview (strength based) which I need to do this week. The technical interview is after that. Have you done the phone interview so far? Any tips on that? Share the questions?

Thanks.

Hey,

Unfortunately I don’t remember the questions as my interview was 2 months ago! However I would say make sure you know why Catlin and why Actuarial. Metntion the rotational nature of the scheme. The Catlin website has competencies so make sure you have MULTIPLE examples demonstrating them. Make sure you have ones which are different to your application form too.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Hi Guys,

I have invited for Catlin telephone Interview which is the Strengths-Based? I applied for Business operations Graduate Scheme. I so appreciate it if some one helps me with the questions they might be asked during the interview.

Regards,