Career change!

Cisco

Hi,

I’m looking to start a career in IT sooner rather than later but need some advice. I am taking my CompTIA A+ certification next week, and will be doing a Cisco entry level qualification straight after. I want to move into network support/administration and have been told that I need to get a help desk job to begin with. The problem is every 1st line support or helpdesk job I have seen requires at least 1 year’s experience.

I have no degree but have GCSE’S and A levels, 10+ years customer service and office experience, and I am based in Belfast.

Is there anything else I should be doing qualification wise or other jobs I should be applying for? What qualifications do employers want for these jobs? Any ideas on how to get jobs without experience?

I’m just trying to get started but have found it increasingly difficult to even get considered for some of these jobs. I don’t want to spend time and money on courses/qualifications that aren’t going to help. Any help on this would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!