BP interview/tests

BP

Hi Naijajine,

I applied for other grad. scheme of science and it was the same for me. I did the application, online test and no news after that. So i called them a few weeks before and their response was that i will hear from them the next weeks. Apparently there is a tremendous number of candidates… so just be patients i am sure we will have some info soon.

Ps. a friend of mine applied for the same scheme as you. They send him an email a week before saying to him that they will not keep his application for the next round. So they are processing of checking these applications.

I applied to the Bp graduate engineering. Did the test.Still have not heard from them. are they going to get in touch or have I lost the game?

Hi Zana,

A friend of mine applied for the same scheme and he failed. So i guess you are still on game. You can always try to call them. There is nothing to loose.
Gd luck!

Thank you amazon85 for helping keep up the positive spirit. was feeling really down

No worries…:slight_smile: I was feeling the same…
Let me know if they will get in touch soon…Gd luck!

When are the interviews and assessment centers complete? I need to know when to call it quits.

hi. I applied for the Graduate Petroleum & Reservoir Eng programme too. please could you help me? it is my e-mail: uzeyir.huseynov@mail.ru

Hi I have a technical interview later this week for the process/chemical engineering graduate scheme. Has anybody already taken this interview? Any advice on the kind of preparation to do, types of question etc.?

Thanks

Hi Joshf90, hope you did well in your technical interview.
I applied for the finance programme 2013 of BP, I will have my telephone interview which is competency interview. Could you give any advices or types of questions they will ask?
Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi viviankitty26, I had BP interviews last year for Commercial. The questions I got on the competency interview were…

What you do in your spare time
Most Interesting courses in your degree
Least interesting courses
Your greatest achievement
When you identified a gap in your knowledge
Working in a group - how did you help your group succeed?

I’m not sure if it will be the same this year as I had a face to face competency interview, but this year they have changed it to telephone.

I hope this helps and all the best!

Nottsgrad can you please go over the technical interview as well? What was your experience like? Do we need to know about BP’s performance, energy industry etc or is it simply an exercise to see how we solve problems?

Hi Wisdom, no they didn’t ask me about anything BP or the industry.
My technical interview last year…

1. On my original application form I had been asked about an example of when I had shown business acumen, so in the interview they asked me to go into more detail on the example I had given.
  2. Two case studies: In one I was given information about 2 fictional BP projects and asked what factors BP would need to consider in implementing these projects, and then told that BP doesn’t have enough money to continue with both projects…which one would I scrap etc. That kind of thing.
    I found the technical interview okay - I got good feedback that I approached the task well - logically and systematically. Also it was with a BP manager, so got the chance to ask a lot of questions.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers, mate I appreciate

Thank you, nottsgrad. It’s very helpful indeed.

Hi guys
So I m having my phone interview tomorrow and I just came across this thread. Can you pls guys, especially those who had the phone interview recently, provide some more information on the questions? Thanks a million!

Hi Nottsgrad,

Many thanks for your technical interview tips. I have applied sales & marketing graduate program for 2013 and I will attend technical interview next week. Can I know which program you had applied last year. In terms of case studies, is this depends on which scheme you applied?

Hi, Good luck to you all. Does anyone one know whta the tests are? SHL? Keneca? also did you only do verbal and numerical or was there inductive reasoning as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys, Hope you are all well. I have my technical interview next month for Project Graduate Programme. I would be grateful if anyone could please let me know what sort of questions BP ask in the technical interviews. Thank you very much. Sep

Hi guys, Hope you are all well. I have my technical interview next month for Project Graduate Programme. I would be grateful if anyone could please let me know what sort of questions BP ask in the technical interviews. Thank you very much. Sep

Hi, is anyone able to share any information about the technical interview for the HR Graduate programme? Are the case studies HR related?
I would really appreciate it!