BP Future Leaders Program

BP

I applied as security consultant in IT&S for the FLP in the UK.

Anybody had some movements on their side? No email nor any changes on the online application for me.

Is it the same for everyone?

My Job Status date updated to the 11th of January but nothing since then.

Job Status Date just updated to January 30 but no change in HR Status or HR Status Date. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Still the 10th for me.

I got a confirmation from BP, all the assessment center have been held and the program is now closed for this year.

Mine still shows Job Status “Open” as of 30-Jan-2013.
Anyone else seeing different?

Wow, so what next. I think BP has a way around this

Any news from BP FLP 2014? Anyone managed to get called? Please share the progress, since I haven’t heard any news since application under review email. Thx.

such a long discussion…i got phone interview for FLP HR program, no further progress yet. anyone else share information?

I had my phone interview 2 months ago… never heard from BP again…my status says application recieved … but I have given up hopes… All the best to you…

Thanks for sharing…

Just want to share some info about assessment center, hopefully it would be helpful.
there was one session called Biographical Interview which was a very interesting session.
It allowed the interviewer reading through your resume and asking questions about different areas of your career history including education, work experience, professional memberships, training courses, and technical skills. The biographical interview serves as a way to explore your past, confirm specifics, and assess whether or not you have the basic skills and experience needed to do the job successfully.
the key word is : past behavior indicates future behavior…
just be yourself, tell them what your strength/weakness are, what you have done/can do even better in the future.etc
you will get there…
Good luck.

@ shen9528

As the first person to write anything past the application process I wanted to thank you for your contribution. If you end up getting a job on this program, we would surely like to here your comments from the inside.

Thanks again.

I understand everyone here is keen to join BP, so let me share a bit more about the AC. I would be very happy to see you succeed in your application.
Here is the entire process about Final AC.

It is a very challenging but interesting experience, there are total five sessions within one and half days assessment.

1. Technical interview. (1 vs 2).
    You will be given a real problem(case) to solve within the given timeframe. The case is designed to fit your function area, ie, if you are a commercial guy, you will not expect to receive a technical case. However, it would be helpful if you understand a bit technical things which may add value to your problem solving process.
  2. Case study + Group Discussion
    You need to work with team members(from various function) to solve a business case, it is a scenario based exercise. ie, if BP should invest in XYZ country and why. The background & options will been given to you and you need to discuss with members to make your decision. It is a joint efforts, listen to others and be alert that, time is clicking…
  3. Presentation (1 vs 2)
    You need to present to the management that why you have chosen ABC option and convince them that your have made the right decisions. Do expect some questions from them.ie what you have done good / bad in the discussion. And how you can improve in the next time.
  4. Biographical Interview (1 vs 2)
    You will be given a form to fill in prior to AC.(appx one week earlier). The interview will be conducted based on this form. It allowed the interviewer reading through your resume and asking questions about different areas of your career history including education, work experience, professional memberships, training courses, and technical skills. The biographical interview serves as a way to explore your past, confirm specifics, and assess whether or not you have the basic skills and experience needed to do the job successfully. The key word is : past behavior indicates future behavior…
    just be yourself, tell them what your strength/weakness are, what you have done/can do even better in the future.
  5. Networking event
    You will expect to have dinner and tea break with BP personnel, who will talk to you and ask you some questions about your life/career/study.etc. You need to be social and nice to people and at the same time to be true to yourself. You cannot pretend to be someone else under such circumstances, the pressure will reveal who you really are.

When you complete the entire session, the assessors will gather together to evaluate your overall performance, the offer will come thereafter if you are good and lucky.

Last advice, be perseverance, do not give up if you did bad in one of the sessions, keep your head high until everything is completed.
The real courage is not the absence of fear…I wish you all the best to your application.
And I would expect you to come back after the AC to help somebody in need.

God bless you.

Hi…anyone got a call for FLP 2015 ?

Hi all…
I am appling for the FLP in UAE and I was asked about my salary expectations (fixed + bonus).
Anybody could help me with this?
Thanks

Hi Aladiny,

Did you get any information regarding the salary? Also, what is the status of your job application?

Hi,

I am applying in UK, and the salary mentioned in one of the email from HR is GBP59K + Bonus + benefits.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys! Got my telephone interview tommorow! Not really sure what kind of questions to expect, so could anyone shed some light on this and help me out please? <3