Bloomberg Sales & Analytics Internship London Inhouse Recruitment Event

Bloomberg

Hi folks,

I have been invited to the Inhouse Recruitment Event for the Bloomberg Sales & Analytics Internship London

They mentioned in the email that there will be:

• A presentation by one of our Analytics Team Leaders
  • Shadowing the Analytics department
  • A Tour of the office
  • An interview with an Analytics and a Sales Team Leader

Has anyone gone through this ?

Any ideas on the questions they might ask during the interview with an Analytics and a Sales Team Leader ?

Thank you

Hey, I’ve got this too next Friday (4th). Know what to expect from the shadowing and interview? Think it would be an interesting day.

Hi

I haven’t found anything about this event/interview. The only information I have is their email…

I sent an email enquiring about the interview:

They said it will last about 45 minutes and be a competency interview.

What date are you going?

Hi there,

I have also gotten an invitation to the event on the 4th march. Don’t know what to expect!

Hi!

I also have a recruitment day with Sales and Analytics on 4th Mar. Guess we’ll see each other by then! Do you guys have any idea about how many people do they intake for S&A this year?

I’m not sure on numbers, anyone know how much the intake was last year?

Anyone successful?

Hi gradredbrick!
I have the same in-house event on 4th April, how is your interview and how long does it take? I am in edinburgh now and I am wondering whether I can get back on the same day. Thanks a lot!

Hey Lucky113, congrats on the invitation! I attended the event on 4th march and it ended around 5pm just as they had stated! :slight_smile:

To those who attended the event,anyone accepted the offer? I know I did :wink:

Thanks lys123! What type of questions will they ask? Will they ask questions about sales or how to sale a product? Thanks a lot!!!

Hi, I also attended and received an offer. On the day you are only assessed on the interview; it lasts 45 mins and is mostly to do with you, how do you fit in etc. I was also asked about what are the main financial market stories this week. I was asked to prioritise different tasks - just make sure you justify what you say. I remember I thought mine went badly because of the prioritising part but I got an offer so I guess you should do fine!

Hi dr22!! Thanks so much for your reply and congratulations on your offer!!Are those competency questions typical like giving examples of your communication skills, problem solving skills, or skills relevant to sales and analytics? Can we prepare the prioritising part? Will there be a final round interview after this event? Thank you so much!!

Just the usual questions come up; it’s a great day overall and a really good insight into the company. It’s the final stage, I had mine on the Friday and got a phone call on the Monday. Good luck!

Hi there,
I had my in-house event a few weeks ago and got an offer. What really helped me is that I used BBG terminal before so make sure you know a few stuff about the way BBG terminal works. They will like it. Do some research on the analytics & sales department as well - if you’re applying for analytics & sales…
Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. It is the final stage?? But what I know is that there will be a final interview after this event. Are you applying to the Graduate position of Sales and Analytics??

Hi there,
I had my in-house event a few weeks ago and got an offer. What really helped me is that I used BBG terminal before, so make sure you know a few stuff about the way BBG terminal works. They will like it. Do some research on the analytics & sales department as well - if you’re applying for analytics & sales…
Good luck.

Thanks a lot gradredbrick! So is this event the final stage for you?Will there be another round of Interview after this?

I posted my open questions answers here and could anyone give me any suggestions on them? I haven’t hear back from bloomberg since one week, what is that means?

please explain in no more than 75 words why you are interested in a career at Bloomberg.

As an active user for Bloomberg news and terminal, I have been benefited a lot from its cutting-edge service and very respect for its professional and efficiency. Bloomberg provides an ideal platform to satisfy my keen interest in the fast paced financial market and dynamic financial products and, put my strengths in finance knowledge, mathematics and programming skills, which are enhanced by previous portfolio management experience, in to perfect use.

Please outline below the most relevant skills and experience you have for the position for which you are applying.(800charactors)

1. I own excellent communication, cooperative and presentation skills, which were developed from four years Officer experience in Students Union, and further honed by financial engineering case studies and four months portfolio management working experience in a hedge fund.
  2. As an experienced user of Excel/VBA, C++ and MATLAB, I have used Excel to value derivatives, exotic options and bonds, and implemented credit risk models.
  3. I have gained a critical thinking and problem solving abilities through two year research experience in behavioural finance at the National Key Lab.
  4. As an adaptive and efficient worker, I successfully handled study, research and extracurricular works in past five years.
  5. I have experiences in Bloomberg Terminals during case studies and projects.

Thanks for above suggestions, could I ask one question:

What are the main differences between the telephone interview questions and in house interview questions?