Bloomberg Assessment Test (BAT)

Bloomberg

Hi all,

I registered to do the BAT for next month and am wondering if anybody has completed it and would not mind sharing their experiences. I don’t have a financial based degree, so I’m pretty certain I will not do very well in that section of the paper.

What are the benefits of the BAT? I don’t really get it to be honest.

Lotak

Hi Lotak,

I am going for the BAT tomorrow and like you I dont have a finance background so I’m a bit nervous. I will be grateful if you can share some insight on your experience.

Hey bk,
I took the BAT a couple weeks ago.
Its not so bad. There are 8 sections and 2 hours. Its pretty difficult, and there are a lot of questions that just ask you to define a financial word and you either know it or you don’t. Its not the end of the world.

For me, I found the maths and analysis sections to be the only 2 that I could do without being at a disadvantage. The other 6 are all economics based. Most can be answered logically, but there are some that you either know or don’t and if you don’t, you just have to guess.

I hope that helps. Is there anything else you’d like to know?

Thank you very much for your help mate. I guess I know now what to expect. In the email they made it look s easy as they wrote you don not need any prior financial knowledge but from your reply I can easily assume that I do. I will have to practice some guessing :PP

Well you don’t need to have any prior financial knowledge because its not an assessment for a job or anything. Its just to see what skill level you are at.

Don’t worry about it too much and concentrate on the areas of strength, but try and finish all 8 sections. You will be strapped for time!

Good luck!